Genie app update won't allow login

PH69
Tutor

Genie app update won't allow login

Recent genie app update to 3.1.72 will not login

Message is;

Login Failed

Netgear router was not found or is not supported. Make sure that your mobile device is not connected to the router's guest network and that IPv6 is not enabled.

Not other changes in environment

Genie PC works fine

Router c6300 firmware is up to date

Have reinstalled genie app, rebooted - repeated several times

Genie iOS app v 3.1.72.   Router c6300.  Firmware V10415

Netgear needs to fix app and release update

Message 1 of 5

Re: Genie app update won't allow login

Lots of good detail in there. It makes a change, as you can see from some earlier reports:

After update won’t let me log in - NETGEAR Communities

I can add your input to the report passed on throuigh "back channels".

I have no idea if this would work.

Solved: Re: Cannot login to orbi iPhone app - NETGEAR Communities

No harm in trying.

Router c6300 firmware is up to date

Sadly,  not something that you can control. It is down to the Internet service provider to push out updates for cable modems.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
PH69
Tutor

As previously mentioned
Had deleted and reinstalled app to no avail
PC genie says firmware is up to date
We know its the app at fault
Will you pls see to that and not keep suggesting it is a user error - we are not thar stupid!!
In any case the user experience is pathetic if its this hard to fix - either way app is an epic fail as is this poor service
Message 3 of 5
PH69
Tutor

After months of trying to sort this out ive been dumped by customer support.

Aparently engeering considers it a customers problem if their app doesnt work with the firmware installed...

Didnt they ever hear of backwards compatability?

Since when whas it everybodys problem but theirs???

So much for customer experience.

Suggest you sack the engineering deparment and start again

NETGEAR Support

2019-04-08 10:30:43
Hi Paul, I just got an update from the Engineering Department regarding the case that we escalated to them. They said, that we do not have control with the Firmware of the device provided by the ISP. We cannot modify it to work with the updated version of the App. It could be a limitation of the device or we may have to wait for ISP's update of the Firmware. Sincerely, Bella Netgear Support

NETGEAR Support

2019-04-10 04:09:45
Hi Paul, I emailed you regarding the result of the Engineers after receiving the data we sent to them. They said that this is a limitation of the firmware of the device that it will not synchronized with the NH App. We need to wait for a firmware update that will be pushed by the ISP on their modem. We will be closing this case, because this is not an issue with the Nighthawk App but with the firmware of the modem provided by the Internet provider. Visit our website https://www.support.netgear.com Sincerely, Bella Netgear Suppport

Model: C6300BD-1TLAUS|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Gateway Wi-Fi AC
Model: C6300BD-1TLAUS|DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Gateway Wi-Fi AC
Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@PH69 wrote:

Didnt they ever hear of backwards compatability?

Backward compatibility was removed on the App - without considering that (by far!) not all devices in the field have firmware available no longer requiring it 8-/

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements