Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Genie app was connected to router, but not anymore!

SgtNchrgeVet
Aspirant

Genie app was connected to router, but not anymore!

I’ve had my AC1900 for a few months now, and everything has been great-even Genie App. Just the other day, I logged into my Genie App, and it tried to tell me I had to connect to my router. I know for a fact I am connected; because, I have other devices that MUST run on my WiFi to work, ie Nest, Phillips Hues, laptops, cell phones (I don’t have an unlimited plan, so kids have to use WiFi), and even my TV. So, please, someone tell me why the Genie App refuses to behave and connect to my router!!!!! 😢
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
SgtNchrgeVet
Aspirant

Re: Genie app was connected to router, but not anymore!

Well, I figured out what happened. I ended up having to enter the router IP address since the app was unable to locate my router by just logging into the app. Issue solved!!! Go me!!!!! 🤣😁

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies

If you own the C7000 you would be better off in the appropriate section.

Cable Modems & Routers

Which genie app is this?

This could be one of several things, the browser interface, a Windows or Mac program for a PC, or a mobile Android/iThing app. Netgear labels them all as genies. Which are you using?

Message 2 of 4
SgtNchrgeVet
Aspirant

First, I am in the right area. There is nothing wrong w/ my router. Second, I use the Genie App on my iPhone and Netgear Gateway on my MacBook. Plus my sister uses the same brand router and never had issues getting hers to connect to the app. There was never an issue before, so why will neither connect to my router correctly?
Message 3 of 4
SgtNchrgeVet
Aspirant

Well, I figured out what happened. I ended up having to enter the router IP address since the app was unable to locate my router by just logging into the app. Issue solved!!! Go me!!!!! 🤣😁
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7