Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Genie won't login after firmware update

Veveren
Guide

Genie won't login after firmware update

After upgrading my WNDR4300 to the latest firmware version 1.0.2.104 the Genie app on my iPod refuses to connect. It will not accept the password (which is not the default router password). The iPod has iOs 12.0.1 and the app is as far as I know the latest version (all my apps auto-update).  The Genie app does not work on my wifes iPhone either.  The netgear Genie desktop application on my PC works fine, as well as the routerlogin.net.  But we really need the app to work as we use it to switch on and off the kids' network.

Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 30

Accepted Solutions
Veveren
Guide

Netgear has now provided me with a beta version of the firmware that fixed the issue. I am thankful for their diligent support and  trust that the beta version will be  available to others as soon as it has been quality tested.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 30

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Veveren,

Welcome to the community!

We recommend doing a factory reset on the router after a firmware update.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 30
Veveren
Guide

Thank you!

Yes I did perform a factory reset. (And I set up the whole network from scratch again.) And I did un- and re-install the Genie app on my iOs device. The problem persists: I cannot login to the router from the iOs device (but I can log in from the desktop version of the app and in a browser).

Message 3 of 30
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Veveren,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 30
Ilanbrill
Aspirant

I have the same issue. After upgrading to v1.0.2.104, I no longer able to login to the router from my iPhone genie app. It worked before. I rebooted the router and re installed the genie few times but nothing helped.
Message 5 of 30
Dude69
Initiate

Can we all have the answer to why we cannot log into the router with the Genie app with or without connected to our home network.
Message 6 of 30
Veveren
Guide

An update: A netgear technician called me and we went through the case. Netgear was able to reproduce the issue in the Lab and have forwarded the case to the engineering department. The message is to stand by for a solution.

Message 7 of 30
Kris10162
Aspirant

Also cannot log in or use router R6400v2 after firmware update
Message 8 of 30

Any updates on this issue?

Message 9 of 30
Bobrud
Tutor

I have just updated rhe software and my Mac desktop Genie tells me it can’t scan the wireless networks. Genie seems to work fine from my iphone.
Message 10 of 30
Veveren
Guide

I have recieved a notification from Netgear saying they are still working on  the case, apologize for the delay, and will get back asap.

Message 11 of 30
Just_Evie
Initiate

I too am having the same issue, please help.

Message 12 of 30

Thank you
Message 13 of 30
Lomara
Aspirant

I have the same WNDR4300 router with the same firmware V1.0.2.104 and am suffering from this same issue. I will watch this thread for updates

Message 14 of 30
Veveren
Guide

Netgear has now provided me with a beta version of the firmware that fixed the issue. I am thankful for their diligent support and  trust that the beta version will be  available to others as soon as it has been quality tested.

Message 15 of 30
Helpneededagain
Aspirant

I’m having the same problem and have yet to get a fix I can’t even log in because I don’t have a computer so I can’t access anything I need to because the app isn’t working login wise it’s says username and password is wrong...
Message 16 of 30
Helpneededagain
Aspirant

Same problem on a C6300... no home computer so I can’t even mess with my settings at all...
Message 17 of 30
schumaku
Guru

@Helpneededagain it does not help if you post all around ...

Use the Web browser on your mobile device (Safari on iOS, Chrome on Android) and access http://routerlogin.net/ or http://routerlogin.com/ - works the same way as from a computer.

Message 18 of 30
Dude69
Initiate

Can we all have the answer to why we cannot log into the router with the Genie app with or without connected to our home network.

@Veveren wrote:

Message 19 of 30
Mishipishi
Aspirant

Message 20 of 30
tmcguire
Aspirant

I am also having this problem as well. Ran a firmware update and am unable to login on 
"local" as I did before; I can log in remotely but it is not showing all of the devices connected to my router so I am unable to control their wifi connections. I did reboot the router already.

Message 21 of 30
Bobrud
Tutor

Netgear --- When are you going to solve this problem?  This is what I get when I'm asking for a network map:

Message 22 of 30
Bobrud
Tutor

Talked to Joshua at Netgear this morning.  He made sure I had the latest firmware (V1.0.1.46_1.0.32).  After getting back up, everything seems to work fine.

Note:  Get ot of your VPN if you use one.  It messes everything up.

Good luck.

Bob

Message 23 of 30
tmcguire
Aspirant

Thank you for the information! I will look into that. I have found that although I can only access the app by logging into "remote" it works ok for the most part; although, sometimes no connected devices will show other than the device I am using the app on. I usually have to log out and try again once or twice and eventually they will all show up. 

Message 24 of 30
Mishipishi
Aspirant

Are you using netgear R6100?
Message 25 of 30
Discussion stats
  • 29 replies
  • 13 kudos
  • 13 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7