Re: How do I use my Netgear OpenDNS Bypass Account on my iPhone?

mike406
Apprentice

How do I use my Netgear OpenDNS Bypass Account on my iPhone?

I have set up OpenDNS parental controls to block ecommerce shopping websites but have a bypass account set up in Netgear Genie to override. This works fine on my Windows laptop but I cannot figure out how to use it with my iPhone. I've downloaded the Netgear Genie Mobile app and it says "Your router is no longer supported by the Genie app. Upgrade to the Nighthawk app."

Okay...but Genie works fine on my Windows computer and has for years, so that's clearly a lie... But anyway so I go to downoad the Nighthawk App and there is absolutely no section to use my OpenDNS bypass account. Only the Circle crap that keep getting pushed down everyone's throat. Can I use this feature that was advertised when I bought the router years ago, or not?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 2
mike406
Apprentice

Re: How do I use my Netgear OpenDNS Bypass Account on my iPhone?

Figured out an alternative. On the Windows Genie software, if you go to Network Map you can set device level filtering, so I just set my phone as "None". Works for my use case, but is a shame that Netgear likes to discontinue useful features for no reason other than $$

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E