Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Highlighted
Aspirant

JNR1010V2_ How to know data usage

Unable to enable traffic meter in genie app. Getting error as "The action failed, try again".
Additionally web portal also not having traffic meter option to get daily data usage with my JNR1010V2 router.
Model: JNR1010v2|N150 Wireless Router
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

Re: JNR1010V2_ How to know data usage

Did you try logging in through the browser to enable? and not via the app?

That's a fairly low end router.  I couldn't find in the manual if that was supported even. 

CAX80->GS716v2->RBR50->RBS50-RBS40V-RBS50Y
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Yeah I tried by logging in to browser aswell. But dint found this option in browser anywhere
So trying in mobile application.
Is there any alternative to measure the data which is getting used by my router.
Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

many isp's have an online data monitoring that you can check via your online account with them.

But I'm pretty sure its disabled in the app because its not a feature of that router if it isn't an option through the browser. 

CAX80->GS716v2->RBR50->RBS50-RBS40V-RBS50Y
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

That is the issue with my ISP. Took local broadband connection which is not have measures. For which am searching for alternative.

Thanks in advance if any provides solution which meets my requirement.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted

@Naresh_knk wrote:
Unable to enable traffic meter in genie app. Getting error as "The action failed, try again".
Additionally web portal also not having traffic meter option to get daily data usage with my JNR1010V2 router.

Your router is old (c2012). While the manual for the V1 variant suggests that it supports the Traffic Meter there is nothing on this in the V2 manual..

The specs for this are so low that I find it hard to see how it can break any traffic limits.

According to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

The wifi does might not even support 5 GHz.

Nothing wrong with it being old, just don't expect too much.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 6 of 6