Highlighted
Follower

NETGEAR GENIE WINDOW TOO SMALL IN WINDOWS 10 -- UPDATE

ok so other posts (to which I'm unable to reply unfortunately) state that "the Genie app isn't coded to handle High Resolution/DPI screens" etc.... B*//sh*t.

Here is how you fix it in Win 10:

(go to Task Manager (via ctrl-alt-del) first and make sure the Genie process is killed/ended)

1.  Right click on Genie app and choose Properties

2. Click on Compatibility

3. Make sure "Disable Fullscreen optimizations" is checked.

4. Click on "Change High DPI Settings" button

5. Make sure "High DPI Scaling Override: Override High DPI Scaling Behavior" is checked, and then choose from the drop-down (Scaling Performed By) "System".

OK your way out and voila.

Please don't listen to posts saying it cant be done.  We shouldn't need a frigging microscope in the year 2019 to use the app.   Fix the code, Netgear.   I didn't pay >$300 to have to squint.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

Re: NETGEAR GENIE WINDOW TOO SMALL IN WINDOWS 10 -- UPDATE

Nice approach to override the default program properties - abut the same like changing the awful screen scaling to something Mirosoft has intended.

@O_Titus_Media wrote:

ok so other posts (to which I'm unable to reply unfortunately) state that "the Genie app isn't coded to handle High Resolution/DPI screens" etc.... B*//sh*t.

We shouldn't need a frigging microscope in the year 2019 to use the app.   Fix the code, Netgear.   I didn't pay >$300 to have to squint.

So no B.S. - the code requires fixing. Now we have to face that Netgear is about to phase out Genie App and most likley the Genie desktop program soon, too.

Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

You Sir are a star!

Message 3 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks very much. Following your instructions I have succeeded in getting bigger window size (but not full 100 percent) for netgear genie in my Laptop. My router is Netgear N600 Dual Band WNDR3700v4. My laptop/Tablet is Lenovo Yoga 710, 8 GB RAM. 256 GB SSD, 11.6 Inches Windows 10 64 bits. Again thanks very much.
Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks so much!! This worked well. Although when i checked my task manager the program was not running so i went to the far right corner and found it running there and after I shut it down there it worked. Thanks again

Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
Guru

@caobgtco wrote:
... I have succeeded in getting bigger window size (but not full 100 percent) for Netgear Genie in my Laptop. ...

Be aware Netgear Genie desktop program was never designed or working in full-screen mode. Hey, the OS is called Windows, not IBM Mainframe Terminal 8-)

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements