Aspirant

NETGEARGenie stops working

I installed NETGEARGenie on my Wondows 10 laptop, but after startup the programs hangs after several seconds. There have been more discussions about incompatibility of NETGEARGenie on Windows 10, however, I could not find a working solution.

How to get program running?

Note: my device: Orbi RBK23.

Message 1 of 4

Re: NETGEARGenie stops working

@HoogendoornJH wrote:

There have been more discussions about incompatibility of NETGEARGenie on Windows 10, however, I could not find a working solution.

Works fine here.

Which version of the genie do you have?

I'm on 2.4.62

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Aspirant

I'm on 2.4.62

I have the same version. By the way, I insttalled NETGEARGenie on another Windows 10 computer and there it works. So what could be wrong on the computer where I actually want NETGEARGenie run?

Message 3 of 4

@HoogendoornJH wrote:

So what could be wrong on the computer where I actually want NETGEARGenie run?

The desktop genie is not the most reliable software going. It is more an afterthought for Netgear.

Another symptom is its habit of gobbling up a PC's memory resources. No one has got the the bottom of that but there have been reports of uninstalling and reinstalling the software to fix it.

Have you tried that?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements