Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Net gear c6300v2 won’t connect to 2.4

hdjames77
Follower

Net gear c6300v2 won’t connect to 2.4

I haven’t been able to connect to my 2.4 Wi-Fi for awhile now. No device detects it. The light is on showing the router is working with all functions. The app shows the 2.4 with no issues. I’ve reset the router using the reset button, rebooted it using the app, unplugged it, changed the name and password and completed a reset. Nothing seems to work.
Model: C6300|AC1750 Cable Modem Router Docsis 3.0
Message 1 of 2

Re: Net gear c6300v2 won’t connect to 2.4

@hdjames77 wrote:
I haven’t been able to connect to my 2.4 Wi-Fi for awhile now. No device detects it. The light is on showing the router is working with all functions. The app shows the 2.4 with no issues.

How do you know that the modem/router is the issue and not the wifi clients? Can they see the wifi SSID?

What "app" are we talking about here? The only one that claims to support the c6300v2 is the Nighthawk app for mobile devices. If you can get that to work, then your mobile device clearly connects to the wifi.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7