Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear AC1900

Karaptian
Aspirant

Netgear AC1900

Netgear AC1900

Genie v 1.0.0.15

Windows 10 Pro

I have successfully installed and connected the AC1900 and have downloaded the Genie Software. I understand that I am currently running the latest version of the Genie Software.

However, when I run the option to "update software", it only gets to 20% download and locks up. It doesn't finish. 

I understand this isn't a problem now, but I don't want to wait till my tech support expires and I'm unable to download the latest software.

My understanding is that it should be able to complete the download and provide a confirmation i.e. "Your software is up to date."

Message 1 of 5
Karaptian
Aspirant

Re: Netgear AC1900

Also, I have been on the phone with Tech Support and they can't answer the question

Message 2 of 5

Re: Netgear AC1900

@Karaptian wrote:

Netgear AC1900

Genie v 1.0.0.15

Windows 10 Pro

Which router is this?

AC1900 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe WiFi speeds. Netgear has made a dozen or more AC1900s.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

If you are referring to the Desktop genie for Windows, that is nothing like the latest version. I have 2.6.64

genie | Product | Support | NETGEAR

However, when I run the option to "update software", it only gets to 20% download and locks up. It doesn't finish. 

My understanding is that it should be able to complete the download and provide a confirmation i.e. "Your software is up to date."

Not by any means the best way to check for firmware updates.

Experienced users prefer a manual operation:

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 5
Karaptian
Aspirant

Re: Netgear AC1900 / A7000

This is the A7000 Adapter.

I'm not referring to firmware update.

I'm referring to updating of the Genie Software.

Message 4 of 5

Re: Netgear AC1900 / A7000

It always helps to include the model number in the text.

Unfortunately, this section give over to "genies" covers, in this order, the app for managing routers with a mobile device and

the genie software for PCs. Both are on their last legs. The app genie has gone, and Netgear wants us to ignore the desktop genie.

There is also the USB installation thing, but that isn't covered here. And the general advice there is to forget about it. Use the standalone drivers.

If you want help with a USB adapter, try the right section.

WiFi Adapters - NETGEAR Communities

The desktop genie does have the ability to manage your WiFi connection. But Windows can handle that.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7