Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie error accessing WN3000RPv3

shubhamalive
Follower

Netgear Genie error accessing WN3000RPv3

Hello, i have recently purchased Netgear WN3000RPv3 WiFi extender. I have successfully configured it and connected it to my current WiFi an its working fine. The problem i am facing is with Netgear's genie app. I have downloaded app from playstore and registered my account. When i try to access setting it ask for local or remote control, on local setting it asks for login. Here comes the problem, i was asked to set my repeater username as an email id and on genie app i cant change "admin" i can only enter password and select ip manually.

Secondly, i have logged in to remote access, but no device is shown in list. From the app when i try to register device, i get an error "the product failed to register"

Can anyone help me with the issue?
Regards
Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgear Genie error accessing WN3000RPv3

The Netgear Wireless Extenders are not supported by the Genie App at all - neither for local nor for remote access - only select routers can be managed by the Genie App, see Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using NETGEAR genie app?

What does make you believe Genie App should be workable on the Extenders?

Slowly I start to understand why some users complain that the username for local access can't be changed - fact is that all routers are supporting the admin account only.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

The Netgear Wireless Extenders are not supported by the Genie App at all - neither for local nor for remote access - only select routers can be managed by the Genie App, see Which NETGEAR home router models can I manage using NETGEAR genie app?

What does make you believe Genie App should be workable on the Extenders?

Slowly I start to understand why some users complain that the username for local access can't be changed - fact is that all routers are supporting the admin account only.

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Just a small add-on: In my opinion, it's more than strange that Netgear does not offer additional support for the network extenders on their own routers (e.g. centralised management of the network name and the wireless security key, additional guest network coverage, ...). At the same time, I agree, the wireless extenders should be covered by the Genie App, too.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7