Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Genie

d1n0mar4551
Aspirant

Netgear Genie

I've installed Netrgear Genie on my PC, but it doesn't want to connect to the router D6000. The activity indicator keeps rotating without result.

All other options are OK. Any suggestion?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
d1n0mar4551
Aspirant

Re: Netgear Genie

Thanks for answering. Yes, it's the Window desktop Genie app and yes, the D6000 it's a modem/router and yes, I can acces it through the browser, and finally, after an age while Genie indicator was continuosly rotating I've got the connection with the router. But it took really an age...I've also intalled the android version on my smartphone and the connection has been very fast, even if there's no way to change anything in the router settings, apart from restart the router.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

@d1n0mar4551 wrote:

I've installed Netrgear Genie on my PC...

So, this is the Windows desktop app?

What firmware version do you have on the D6000?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

Can you access the D6000 – it is a modem/router rather than a simple modem – with a browser?

There is a manual for the D3600/D6000 at the end of this link:

>>>>> D3600 | Product | Support | NETGEAR <<<<<

Message 2 of 3
d1n0mar4551
Aspirant

Thanks for answering. Yes, it's the Window desktop Genie app and yes, the D6000 it's a modem/router and yes, I can acces it through the browser, and finally, after an age while Genie indicator was continuosly rotating I've got the connection with the router. But it took really an age...I've also intalled the android version on my smartphone and the connection has been very fast, even if there's no way to change anything in the router settings, apart from restart the router.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7