Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R6100

BEANBER
Aspirant

Netgear R6100

I had a power outage in my area. My router rebooted and had to re-connect all my electronics. Everything seems to be working under guest wifi. The router will not let me sign in to the main accounts wifi.
My cell phone can find guest and log in but not the main account. I Cant make changes or limit my wifi use.
Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Netgear R6100

@BEANBER wrote:
I had a power outage in my area. My router rebooted and had to re-connect all my electronics.

As the power cut will also have affected the modem, did you restart everything in the right order?

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

I find that my modem sometimes kicks in after the router is up and running, which means that the network configuration is all wrong.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

@BEANBER wrote:
I had a power outage in my area. My router rebooted and had to re-connect all my electronics.

As the power cut will also have affected the modem, did you restart everything in the right order?

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

I find that my modem sometimes kicks in after the router is up and running, which means that the network configuration is all wrong.

Message 2 of 4
BEANBER
Aspirant

That fixed it. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

That's good.

I have become intimately familiar with that problem. Four power cuts, mostly short blips, in three days meant that my network rebooted itself. The router always kicked in before the modem had done its thing.

It would be  nice to have a way of delaying the router's intervention for a bit.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7