Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgenie Setup

ralvm12
Aspirant

Netgenie Setup

I'm planning to replace my NetGear WNDR3700 with a NetGear X45. I a manage my current router via an enet attached desktop where NetGenie is installed. I can't find anything in NetGenie to change to a different router (and I don't remember how I set it up to begin with). When I get my new router can  connect the Netgenie that's already installed to the new or will I have to install a new copy of Netgenie?

Message 1 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Re: Netgenie Setup

Genie (macOS, WIndows, Android, iOS, ...) does my default try to talk th toe local Netgear router. 

Only if you intend to use remote access (while away), the must be enabled on the new router.

Unfortunately, Genie does not help us bringing the previous Netgear router configuration to a new installed. 

Message 2 of 4
ralvm12
Aspirant

Thanks for the info but I still have some questions. Even though I'll be installing a new router I'd like to keep the old one around as a backup. Will I have to deliete my currently installed NetGenie (that's managing my current router) and reinstall a new copy that will then discover my new router OR will I be able to keep my existing NetGenie abd install another copy fo NetGenie that will now discover the new (and only) NetGenie router?

Message 3 of 4
schumaku
Guru

In my understanding, Genie is a single device App only. Once you have the new router in place, Genie will work with the new router. When swapping the router back to the old one, it will continue to work with the old one.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7