Lanem
Aspirant

Nighthawk c700v2

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk c700v2

i believe Xfinity rates the C7000 for up to 400mbps.

The 70mbps over 2.4ghz is expected. Potentially you should get more wired and possibly over 5ghz. but wireless is hard because a lot depends on the devices used. 

Have you tried multiple 5ghz devices? And what all have you tested? 

Have you tried a different wired device? As well as a different cable connection?

What wired device are you using? 

I'd also recommend logging into the c7000 and taking a screen snip of the cable connection page. it shows the connection back to the isp. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Not much here? 

Are you needing something? 

Message 2 of 4
Lanem
Aspirant

I just purchased the Nighthawk c7000v2. I also purchased Xfinity Performance Pro with an advertised download speed of 600. I am only getting .an average of 50 on iPhone speed test and 70 on a wired speed test setting next to the router. I get 250 on the 5g network. Is this what I should expect?
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

i believe Xfinity rates the C7000 for up to 400mbps.

The 70mbps over 2.4ghz is expected. Potentially you should get more wired and possibly over 5ghz. but wireless is hard because a lot depends on the devices used. 

Have you tried multiple 5ghz devices? And what all have you tested? 

Have you tried a different wired device? As well as a different cable connection?

What wired device are you using? 

I'd also recommend logging into the c7000 and taking a screen snip of the cable connection page. it shows the connection back to the isp. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7