Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Parental Controls, Genie, and

Jamie_M
Guide

Parental Controls, Genie, and

I discovered that my Parental Controls, which had previously been set and were working just fine, had somehow become disabled. So I fired up Netgear Genie on my Mac and hit the Parental Controls Tab. Genie has to "check the router firmware", which it tries for minutes on end before finally telling me "You don't appear to be connected to the Internet. Please connect to the Interrnet through you NETGEAR router and try again.", which is totally false—I'm connected right now! Would love to get ideas on:

1.) Why the PC's were disabled in the first place?

2.) Why the R8000 (running Firmware 1.0.3.46) tells me I'm not connected to the Internet both in Genie and when I log into 192.168.1.1?

3.) How to fix this and get my PC's re-established

And finally, I've owned Netgear routers for years and have been using Genie for years now. I've NEVER been able to just Quit the app on my Mac. Selecting Quit freezes the application—I always have to Force Quit it to get out of it (which is why I only use it as a last resort, preferring to log in through my browser).

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Parental Controls, Genie, and

Hi @Jamie_M,

1. Please try using another device (Android, iOS, another computer).

2. Have you tried resetting the router?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 4
Jamie_M
Guide

Thank you for your reply Dexter. As mentioned in another, similar thread (https://community.netgear.com/t5/Genie/Parental-Controls-Checking-Router-Firmware/m-p/1305877#M6143), yes, I did try resetting the router to factory defaults, which had no effect. And yes, the issue persists whether I use my Mac, iPhone, or iPad—it simply will not work.

Message 3 of 4
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @Jamie_M,

This is indeed something similar to the cases on the thread you have linked. The latest update is that engineering is working on the debug logs that was provided. We will provide an update once resolution is available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7