Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6300v2 Firmware Update Fail

Rwmt
Guide

R6300v2 Firmware Update Fail

Trying to update my R6300v2 Router firmware so I can use ipv6. When I try to upload it says the firmware is not correct . Please help!
Message 1 of 12
William10a
Master

Re: R6300v2 Firmware Update Fail

Is there a v2 after the model on the bottom label with the model number on it?

Version 2 firmware should be 1.0.4.8 for the R6300v2 and version 1 should be 1.0.2.80 for the R6300.

What firmware did you try update too ?

Message 2 of 12
Rwmt
Guide

Yes there is a v2 after the model number on the bottom. I have been unsuccessfully attempting to update to 1.0.4.8. In the upper right corner of the page it says I'm operating on firmware V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH and if I try to search for a firmware update from the Webpage it says No new firmware version available. 😞
Message 3 of 12
netwrks
Master

Download it to your desktop from here: https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6300v2.aspx#download  -  then update your router, browsing to your desktop for the router firmware.

Message 4 of 12
Rwmt
Guide

I don't have a desktop or laptop 😞
Will it work with a snartphone or a tablet?
Message 5 of 12
William10a
Master

The problem with updating the firmware via wifi if you lose the wifi connection during the process the router could be bricked but the router should auto update the firmware when you log into the router.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6300v2.aspx#download

Page 15 tells about the firmware update process.

Message 6 of 12
Rwmt
Guide

Why does the firmware version my router is currently using (V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH) not appear in the list of older firmware versions for R6300V2 routers? And why does it say there are no new firmware versions available when I use the Internet search on routerlogin.com? I have attempted to update to all firmware versions above V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH and all of them have said they are incorrect for this router (R6300V2) How can this be? What can I do to get this router firmware up to date so I can begin operating on ipv6?
Message 7 of 12
William10a
Master

@Rwmt wrote:
Why does the firmware version my router is currently using (V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH) not appear in the list of older firmware versions for R6300V2 routers? And why does it say there are no new firmware versions available when I use the Internet search on routerlogin.com? I have attempted to update to all firmware versions above V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH and all of them have said they are incorrect for this router (R6300V2) How can this be? What can I do to get this router firmware up to date so I can begin operating on ipv6?

You can download the firmware from this link https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R6300v2.aspx#Firmware Version 1.0.4.8

You can manually update the firmware via the download from Netgear the version of the firmware may be the version that it shipped with.

When offers to options to update from the web or manual use manual and select the location that you saved the new firmware too on your computer via a wired lan cable.

Message 8 of 12
vudex
Initiate

I am having this EXACT same issue. I have a R6300V2 router that will not update. My firmware version is currently V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH which, as was already pointed out, does not appear in the list of older firmware versions for R6300V2 routers. My computer is directly connected to the router when I try to update, but it says there are no new firmware versions available. I have also downloaded, extracted, and attempted to update to all firmware versions above V1.0.3.6_1.0.63CH, yet all of them say that they are incorrect for this router (R6300V2)... I have even tried reverting back to factory default settings just to see if that would help, but I still get the same results.

Message 9 of 12
Rwmt
Guide

Same here with the factory default resetting. Could it possibly have anything to do with the fact that I rent my router from charter for an extra $5/month along with my Internet?
Message 10 of 12
William10a
Master

Possible that the isp has a special version to work on their networks and they alone can update the firmware must modems work that way if you rent the router may be it is time to buy your own router.

Message 11 of 12
Rwmt
Guide

Agreed, but may I suggest you try not to sound quite so arrogantly condescending next time you decide to give a complete stranger advice? I've never met you, but it is abundantly clear that you sir, are an egotistical **bleep** and believe whole heartedly that you are better than most everyone else....
Anyway, thanks for the "help" and the constructive criticism Richard!
See you next Tuesday ; )
Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7