Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 - iMac issues with Netgear Genie rebooting?

Gordo2017
Aspirant

R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 - iMac issues with Netgear Genie rebooting?

I have been to the support website and see that there are 5 updates for the firmware. Only one of them is identified as being for "Mac" and it is the ReadySHARE Printer Utility Version 2.36.  All these updates are in the .zip files so not sure if they will work on my Mac's. I was hoping that Netgear would have an email to ask these question to get this resolved more quickly.  I have never had some much trouble with a Router setup and finding answers to questions. 

So if anyone is having the same problems with their Mac's or have fixed their issues, please advise. Otherwise I may as well return them and get a Better brand that don't have all these issues. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R7000 Nighthawk AC1900 - iMac issues with Netgear Genie rebooting?

Welcome to the community, @Gordo2017

What is the exact issue you are having with the R7000?

The router keeps rebooting by itself?

A firmware can be downloaded to any operating system in order to be uploaded into the R7000. 

Now, the ReadySHARE Printer Utility is a software/application that needs to be installed on your computer for printing where you will use the router as a printserver. 

Message 2 of 6
Gordo2017
Aspirant

Hello Elaine,

The problem is that I have downloaded the Netgear Genie on my iMac (macOS Sierra) and MacBook Pro (macOS Yosemite). I have done like you said to upload the new firmware versions 1.0.7.10, then the Genie still crashed. Then I uploaded the firmware version 1.0.7.6 and 1.0.7.10, now the Genie still crashes. Now you are telling me that I have to download the ReadySHARE USB Printer Utility onto my Mac's, for one thing the printer is not anywhere near the router (that is in the living room).  From the instructions that I read I would have to plug in my printer into the USB on the router and have the printer in the living room. That is not happening.

Before getting this router I already had a print server setup on my network, but to keep the Genie from crashing I will have to download your software. I guess I made a mistake in getting this router and need to see if I can return it for my money back. Thanks.

Gordo2017 

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

If the printer is wirelessly connected to the networ then there's no need to use the Genie and the ReadySHARE USB printer utility. 

The USB Control Center Utility is only needed if the printer is connected directly to the USB port of the NETGEAR router. 

Message 4 of 6
rayg1973
Aspirant

I have the OS sierra operating system for MAC and when I try to download the printer utility Ap I get an error that says I need an application to open the download.  I really want to plug my older printer into the router so I can make it wireless.  How can I fix this?

Message 5 of 6
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @rayg1973,

You can try using the installer linked below.

http://files.netgear-support.com/go/?a=d&i=3cxvCit3IP

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7