Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX45's Remote Access of its Nighthawk is not the same as Remote Management from Web

shuang1015
Follower

RAX45's Remote Access of its Nighthawk is not the same as Remote Management from Web

I can access my router from both Netgear browser GYI and Nighthawk iOS app (the latest version 2.8.5.16).  When I turned on Remote Access on the Nighthawk's app, it does not turn on the "Turn Remote Management On" under the Advanced Setup from the browser GUI.  so I cannot access and manage  the router settings from a browser gui outside my home.   I thought both are supposed to be the same now.  

Also when "Turn Remote Management On" is turned on/off from the borwser gui at home,  it has no effect on the Nighthawk iOS app's Remote Access on/off button.

Is this a bug?  or Remote Access simply means for the Nighthawk app to access the router remotely, not for to remote-manage the router settings from a browser remotely?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX45's Remote Access of its Nighthawk is not the same as Remote Management from Web

Hello shuang1015,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

@shuang1015 wrote:

Also when "Turn Remote Management On" is turned on/off from the borwser gui at home,  it has no effect on the Nighthawk iOS app's Remote Access on/off button.

Perfectly correct.

The browser controlled "Remote Management" allows to connect to the router public IP address on the designated port. There is no equivalent control in the Nighthawk App. 

The Remote Access (which should be named Access Anywhere in my understanding - at least in most markets) in the App does establish a connection to the Netgear cloud so the App can be used to access the router while away from your home network. This control again does not exist in the router browser Web UI.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7