Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: README: NETGEAR Genie App Support/Forum Information

BretD
Admin

README: NETGEAR Genie App Support/Forum Information

Thank you for visiting the NETGEAR Genie App Forum. To discuss other NETGEAR Apps and Services such as the Nighthawk App, please visit the NETGEAR Apps board.

Important: Log-in or Register My.Netgear.com to register products, get support or create a NETGEAR Community Account

Useful Links:

NETGEAR Support

MyNetgear

NETGEAR Community Forum Homepage

NETGEAR on Facebook

NETGEAR on Twitter @Netgear

NETGEAR on Reddit

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
BretD
Admin

Important: Log-in or Register My.Netgear.com to register products, get support or create a NETGEAR Community Account

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 12

All Replies
SueQKY
Guide

O

BretD:

No, these links aren't addressing the problem of the Netgear Genie on laptops, PC's, giving error messsages when attempting to log in with the app to MyNETGEAR. My error message says "Log in failed. Please check your internet connection". Before that, it told me I was using a wrong password. Obviously, I'm connected here, using the same password. The WiFi Connection button within the app tells me my connection is good. Please address, TY. The link to Contact Us says page not found, so this is the only avenue.

Message 2 of 12
CamE76
Initiate

I have just installed the app on a new phone (Pixel 3) and now the network map won't display. It only shows the router and my phone, but none of the devices connected.
Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 3 of 12
Millenium888
Initiate

I’m having same issue. Network map is not showing any connected devices except for the router and iPhone.
Model: Genie|Desktop| Mobile| and Product Setup Genie
Message 4 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@CamE76 wrote:
I have just installed the app on a new phone (Pixel 3) and now the network map won't display. It only shows the router and my phone, but none of the devices connected.

Router model: R7000P

Firmware: ?

Genie App version: ?

@Millenium888 wrote:
I’m having same issue. Network map is not showing any connected devices except for the router and iPhone.

Router model: ?

PS. Not sure this is the best place to collect information and discuss - a moderator might want to split off these issues from the annoucement.

PPS. R9000, v1.0.4.18 (Beta), genie v3.1.62 on Pixel 2 does show the map for both the router and the EX3700 (more or less). 

Message 5 of 12
StanmoreGirls7
Initiate

So the first thing, I click “login to mange”, this then takes me to a page to input a password. I’ve tried the account password I used for this and I’ve also tried the actual Wi-Fi password, no matter which I try it leads to another page in which it says, “clicking next will try discover devices” at this point clicking next just goes back to the password input page prior.
Message 6 of 12
Raccoonacres
Initiate

I can’t login with the Genie app. It won’t let me change my user name from the default “admin” when I try to login local and the remote login doesn’t work either. I have model WNDR4500v3.
Message 7 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@Raccoonacres wrote:
I can’t login with the Genie app. It won’t let me change my user name from the default “admin” when I try to login local and the remote login doesn’t work either. I have model WNDR4500v3.

Don't post the same multiple times (-> https://community.netgear.com/t5/Genie/Genie-login/m-p/1677164/highlight/true#M10070 ) this original thread first post is unlikley about login problems. 

Message 8 of 12
Bench4
Aspirant

I have the same issue...did you receive any responses? Did you determine how to resolve?

Thanks!

Message 9 of 12
schumaku
Guru

@Bench4 wrote:

I have the same issue...did you receive any responses? Did you determine how to resolve?

What "same" please? Subject here is "README: NETGEAR Genie App Support/Forum Information".

Router model: ?

PS. Not sure this is the best place to collect information and discuss - a moderator might want to split off these issues from the annoucement.

Message 10 of 12
Emmylou_Jones
Aspirant

I too am having this same problem last night and this morning. Did you happen to fix yours? Or is it a netgear problem?
Message 11 of 12
BretD
Admin

Important: Log-in or Register My.Netgear.com to register products, get support or create a NETGEAR Community Account

Message 12 of 12
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 25 kudos
  • 9 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7