Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Viewing networks

JG75
Aspirant

Viewing networks

After installing the new router Nighthawk AC 1900 I can’t view available local networks on my communication devices when I select “WiFi.” I am trying to reconnct my Deere security cameras but can’t see them pop up as a network device so I can choose. In fact, I can’t see any other networks except for my own. I am on Apple devices. Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

@JG75 wrote:

Thanks. Found the answers. Appreciate ur help. Problem solved. 

That's good.

Care to share the answers with other people who might turn up here with the same problem?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

@JG75 wrote:

After installing the new router Nighthawk AC 1900 I can’t view available local networks on my communication devices when I select “WiFi.”

AC1900 is not a Netgear model number. It is a label that Netgear, and others, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

You might get better and quicker replies, and find other answers, over in the appropriate section for whatever hardware you own.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

Message 2 of 5
JG75
Aspirant

Message 3 of 5

@JG75 wrote:

That's good.

Care to share the answers with other people who might turn up here with the same problem?

Message 4 of 5
schumaku
Guru

@JG75 wrote:

After installing the new router Nighthawk AC 1900 I can’t view available local networks on my communication devices when I select “WiFi.”

Unclear at what state of installation you are - the mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, MacBook, ...) can't see the unspecified AC1900 class the new router to configure it, or what exactly do you try to achieve?

@JG75 wrote:

I am trying to reconnct my Deere security cameras but can’t see them pop up as a network device so I can choose. In fact, I can’t see any other networks except for my own.

Don't understand what or how you try to (re-)connect these security cameras, where they are supposed to pop-up. If the cameras used to connect to a different wireless router before, they will continue to try reaching that very same network again. 

A smart advise would be to configure the new router to the same network name and security key (wireless passphrase) as your old wireless - like that you should not have to reconfigure all these fancy IoT stuff.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7