Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Will Genie work with other routers?

Jaybird64
Aspirant

Will Genie work with other routers?

I know this is a stupid question, but after moving to a new home I had problems with my old C7000 modem/router. So instead, I’m using AT&T’s equipment.

My NETGEAR Genie oddly still worked with managing my router for 2 years but now I’m having trouble with my Genie (Mac OS or iPad IOS). And now I’m unable to access any settings because I can’t log into the app with the standard admin name and Pwd. Any suggestions? Should I just delete the app and manage my AT&T router settings with my online account? Not sure if any of this make sense so I hope someone can help.

Message 1 of 3

Re: Will Genie work with other routers?

@Jaybird64 wrote:

My NETGEAR Genie oddly still worked with managing my router for 2 years but now I’m having trouble with my Genie (Mac OS or iPad IOS).

Is that the desktop genie for Macs rather than the one for mobile devices?

@Jaybird64 wrote:

I know this is a stupid question, but after moving to a new home I had problems with my old C7000 modem/router. So instead, I’m using AT&T’s equipment.

AT&T's kit seems to cause problems all round.

You might want to troubleshoot these problems. What were they?

@Jaybird64 wrote:

I know this is a stupid question..

There's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.

Message 2 of 3
Jaybird64
Aspirant

Re: Will Genie work with other routers?

Is that the desktop genie for Macs rather than the one for mobile devices?

YES!

AT&T's kit seems to cause problems all round.

Not sure why it started happening after 2 years.

The thing that drew my attention to this problems is because my wifi wasn't connecting. I have a Linksys Velop mesh and I think one of the towers went bad. I ordered a better mesh system but still waiting on delivery.

Thanks for you help!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7