Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

genie installer/updater not windows 10 compatable

marsha
Aspirant

Re: genie installer/updater not windows 10 compatable

Been using windows vista, I think 7, when we also got a laptop w/windows 10, our netgear genie says it is not enabled.  Now our wifi printer doesn't work either. Would the download you suggested be okay for me to download, or would it cause more problems. Thanks for any helpful suggestions.

Message 151 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @marsha,

Your Wi-Fi printer should work without the NETGEAR Genie installed. Were you able to connect it to the network?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 152 of 273
Nesimovic
Aspirant

This helped
TY
Message 153 of 273
brookmast
Aspirant

Hi Dexter - I am also having this issue, have tried multiple de-installs and re-installs and get the same error message

Message 154 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @brookmast,

Have you tried installing the previous version (2.4.12) of NETGEAR Genie? You may use the download link below for the installer. We are currently investigating this issue with some Windows 10 devices.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-pjmQaYmk6Vk92eE81a20xRjg/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 155 of 273
shiro
Aspirant

I have the exact same problem.

Carlo

Message 156 of 273
shiro
Aspirant

It worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thank you very much

Message 157 of 273
shiro
Aspirant

May I ask until when should I avoid upgrading this previous version on my surface 3 pro ?

Thank you in advance.

Message 158 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @shiro,

We currently do not have an ETA on the next update for the program. Rest assured, we are working on providing the fix.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 159 of 273
brookmast
Aspirant

I did not as none of the previous links for older versions were working for me; I will try tonight

If it installs correctly, do I then attempt to upgrade again or just wait for a newer version after version 16?

Message 160 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @brookmast,

Thank you and please keep us posted if it worked for you.

I will be providing an update on this thread once a fix has been confirmed.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 161 of 273
brookmast
Aspirant

Yes, the older version works

Message 162 of 273
parrist1212
Aspirant

When this link opens, it is not in English, but Arabic (probably). Please advise.

Message 163 of 273
Brian-Olney-MD
Aspirant

Gerry - Sorry to say that your solution didn't work for me.  I downloaded and installed Win10Pcap-v10.2-5002.msi... then tried to re-install Negear Genie.. unfortunately it wouldn't install

Message 164 of 273
Streetrodder
Aspirant

I had the same problem that you are having. I bought a new Netgear router yesterday (December 31/'15) all worked well until I installed the "Netgear Genie" app. When I click on the app and check the box to allow this app to make changes to this computer then click ok it comes up with "This app has stopped working" message everytime!!! But I figured it out!   In your web browser type www.routerlogin.net then enter admin for the username and password for the password and click OK. There ya go!  I just saved it to my bookmarks and now I have access to Netgear Genie anytime I want.......Hope this helps everybody cuz I know how frustrating this can be.....ENJOY!    🙂

Message 165 of 273
Chalvo
Aspirant

I redownloaded Genie and it still doesn't work.  Not sure what to do now...

Message 166 of 273
Gerry_SA
Tutor

@Brian-Olney-MD

Sorry to hear that. You say Genie wouldn't install, or wouldn't run?

I installed Win10Pcap AFTER Genie - may make a difference.

I am running Genie Version 2.4.20 (even though it says 2.4.18 in Control Panel), which I assume is the latest, see below.

I'm not sure if having MS VC++ runtime helps, which I had installed before Genie and Win10Pcap...

Also, we all have different apps installed too, which may interfere.

Regards,

Gerry

Genie.JPG

CPP.JPG

Message 167 of 273
Streetrodder
Aspirant

Did you guys not try the fix that I posted above? It works perfect every time.

Message 168 of 273
Streetrodder
Aspirant

Did you download it to your laptop or desktop? I'll say again  In your browser, in the top line not google search etc, Type in www.routerlogin.net and in the user box type admin and in the password box type password and then enter or ok whicheverone it says and yer good to go. It always works.

Message 169 of 273
pettis63
Aspirant

I did update the update via netgears website and I'm getting an error for the genie to work on windows 10. Stating "Netgear genie has stopped working...a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Message 170 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @pettis63,

We are currently investigating on this issue. You may use the download link below for the previous version of NETGEAR Genie.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz-pjmQaYmk6Vk92eE81a20xRjg/view?usp=sharing

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 171 of 273
Streetrodder
Aspirant

Does anyone know how to follow instructions in here! DO NOT DOWNLOAD FROM NETGEARS WEBSITE!! IT WON'T WORK! Do as I have said above!  I will repeat one more time...... Type in the http line at the top of your browser........www.routerlogin.net........or just click on it here on the www.routerlogin.net........on the screen that comes up type admin in the users box.......then type in password in the password box......then hit OK........done. Save it to your bookmarks and yer done. Not that difficult.

Message 172 of 273
tomdaltonz
Star

Dexter -

Not sure if this will help or not, but I recently had issues with the proprietary software for a wi-fi printer that I use after installing the following update from Windows:  the error code was - 0x80240017

Security Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 for x64-based Systems (KB3132372)

After uninstalling the update, the malfunctioning software came back to life.

I'm wondering if a similar conflict may be interfering with the Genie software?

Message 173 of 273
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @tomdaltonz,

Thank you for that information and we will certainly look in to it. Have you tested this with your own installation of NETGEAR Genie? All my replications here in our lab does not give me any issues with Windows 10.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 174 of 273
tomdaltonz
Star

Well, the latest update of Genie always crashes so I go back to using 12 and all is good.  Still unable to upgrade to the latest version.

It seems the issue with the print software began after Adobe updated flash player, then Windows 10 brought in the security update.  The patch Microsoft released today seems to have resolved the problem with that update

Message 175 of 273
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7