iOS Netgear Genie app can't sign in

Carl16
Guide

iOS Netgear Genie app can't sign in

I'm trying to sign in using the Local tab but it keeps on saying that the user ID and password is incorrect. Tried putting in the ip address on my safari browser to access the router and it was a success. Can't do much on that page thats why I'm trying to sign in on the app. This is the first time that I'm going to use the app but for some reason it keeps on saying that the creditials to access the router is incorrect when in fact I can access it through the browser. Tried to restart everything but to no avail. Please help.

Router firmware: latest
iOS: latest

P.S. App detect my router and wifi name automatically but can't sign in using my router's password. Tried using other device (download app (Netgear Genie)) still cannot sign in on the local tab.
Message 1 of 71
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: iOS Netgear Genie app can't sign in

Hi @Carl16,

1. Accessing the router UI via the browser will give you more control over the settings.

2. Please try uninstalling and re-installing the app.

3. Please make sure you are connecting to the right network.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 71
Mdgreene2001
Tutor

I have the same issue and it only works on web browser. I have reinstalled genie multiple times same issue. Reboot router same issue. Everything worked until the new iOS netgear genie update came out and changed the way it looks, that's when it stoped working. Netgear x6 R8000
Message 3 of 71
Carl16
Guide

Hello Dexter,

Thanks for the reply. I tried everything on your list but no luck. I guess I'll just wait for apple to update the app.
Message 4 of 71
Carl16
Guide

P.S. the genie app can detect the SSID and the router I'm using accurately since I'm connected to wifi. But for some reason, it always says that "Login Failed" but I'm actually typing in the correct password. Still can't sign in to iOS app.
Message 5 of 71
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

We are currently investigating the issue. We will provide an update once available.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 6 of 71
Showsome
Apprentice

Apparently not looking very hard it has been like this for weeks.
Message 7 of 71
Showsome
Apprentice

Hello Mr Dexter JB I thought we are investigating! Still nothing, I told you! You guys are not trying very hard! I would not be so pissy about this but you can't get any kind of help because they are just a bunch of salesmen on the phone. We can't help until you buy our services! I don't want your damn services I would just like you to fix your own damn product!
Message 8 of 71
Markez
Initiate

Yep, same problem. Login through browser fine. Not with Genie. Uninstalled and reinstalled app with same results. Tried different iPad with new app still not authenticating with proper credentials. Latest firmware and app. Must be at router level since I tried new iPad and app with same results. Can login to other network with app just fine though.

Message 9 of 71
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi all,

We sincerely apologize for the delay. The issue has been forwarded to engineering and is being worked on.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 10 of 71
Czalme
Aspirant

Message 11 of 71
Carl16
Guide

Hi,

Is there any update? There's alot of your costumer reporting the same issue but it seems that nothing has been resolve as of today. It's been more than a month but we still can't use the Genie iOS App. Even tried to reboot my router per your advise as my last resort, re-configured the router but the problem didn't change. Please update us with regards to the app. Like I said, Browser UI work just fine but when you tried to log in to the app, error message says: Log in Failed; Enter the correct admin User ID and password for your NETGEAR router.
Message 12 of 71
Showsome
Apprentice

Nope
Message 13 of 71
Showsome
Apprentice

Nope they are in no hurry to support its users. Mainly because we are not buying there stupid service plan!
Message 14 of 71
ljbrown238
Aspirant

What's going on with this issue??? I'm dead in the water for the same reason.

How are we supposed to manage Parental Controls without this app?

The lack of this iOS app working is seriously devaluing my purchase.

Message 15 of 71
Showsome
Apprentice

I am about to sell all my netgear **bleep** and purchase something else. The lack of support period is ridiculous. Pay us and we will help you! Sign up for our worthless maintenance plan so we could have some one with a serious accent that you can not understand frustrate you. I will give it a week or so and I will start slamming social media with how ridiculous this company is!
Message 16 of 71
ljbrown238
Aspirant

I'm afraid you're right Showsome. I wish I would have checked the support threads before purchasing. Looks like they might be getting some equipment back. Have you seen the Mac NETGEAR Genie App? It's a bit laughable how infantile and non functional it is.
Message 17 of 71
Rgd6331
Initiate

Been waiting and waiting, its July, still no results, there are now better options with quick fix responses, i think netgear has gotten too big and lost their  way .  They are in no way customer service oriented , others are with equipment and quick fixes when they find problems, everyone has problems, but waiting months for a fix, forget it.  You pay top dollar and get nothing.  We should be getting rebates for their poor performance ,not charging us for service.Very disapointed

Message 18 of 71
Carl16
Guide

I guess its about time to change this product with a different one. NETGEAR seems not to care with their costumers and complaints about their product. Good thing that my ISP provide my router. Didn't worth paying it monthly. Hopefully they have a different one that is more reliable. Very disappointed waiting for nothing. Bye!
Message 19 of 71
Markez
Initiate

It's a shame. I have been in the industry since the late 80s and when NetGear came into the business in the 90s we were fans and recommended them to our smaller clients, and have since....until now. This seams to be a slow path to death got NetGear. Unresolved problems like this are sure sign of a slow death. There is too much competition to ignore customers. RIP NetGear. We loved you but it's time to move with to new leaders.

Message 20 of 71
Showsome
Apprentice

There is a new update I have not performed yet. Let's see if it Fixes the issue!
Message 21 of 71
Showsome
Apprentice

Well nope Netgear is still sucking major ass! I did the new update to router in hopes that it would resolve app issues but again Netgear has no concern for its users.
https://community.netgear.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/266983 Dexter JB the Netgear moderator apparently does not have any authority or influence at all. I would look for a new job there sir, one where you might actually help your customers instead of bull**bleep** us!
Message 22 of 71
Rgd6331
Initiate

Nope, still doesnt work, very disappointing

Message 23 of 71
darthsofaman
Initiate

August 13th and apparently not resolved.  I still have the issue you all are having.  I notice that if I reboot my router and then login immediately, I can get in.  But features seem to slowly stop working the longer I remain in app.  If I logout, I cannot log back in.

For me, I first noticed the problems with the app right after I updated the firmware on my router (currently on V1.0.3.36_1.1.25).  After upgrading to that version, I noticed problems happening with logging in via the iOS app.  Would be nice if they would resolve.  Or at least let us know ANY progress being made on this issue.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 24 of 71
darthsofaman
Initiate

And right after making my above post, I found another forum with a resolution.  It appears that the firmware update V 1.0.3.48_1.1.33 resolves the issue.  Have applied it and so far so good.  Until the next time friends!

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 25 of 71
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E