Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Activation Error

Kostyaf
Follower

Activation Error

Hi

License 4d4f4a-734356-683032-xxxxxx was applied to my laptop.

I upgraded my laptop to a new model with Win10, and now I can not activate the license.

"Activation not completed.
Activation Error 70: Internal error
Please retry the activation later."

Please help me solve the problem.

Konstantin
fedotovkv@gmail.com

Model: VPNG01L|ProSafe VPN Client Professional (1-user)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Kostyaf,

I just read your message.  Is there a software firewall or anti-virus application that is installed on your Windows 10 laptop?  If yes, you might need to create a rule to allow the NETGEAR VPN Client Professional Software to activate or you may want to uninstall the software firewall or anti-virus application.

The article below seems related to your concern.  Kindly follow the steps indicated:

https://kb.netgear.com/22190/Error-when-activating-VPN-Client-software-on-Windows-8

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @Kostyaf,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Your VPN license key needs to be reset.  Kindly send me the following below via private message:

a. the exact VPN license key that needs to be reset

b. e-mail address that was used when you have registered the VPN license key 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @Kostyaf,

I'm glad to inform you that your VPN license key has been reset.  Kindly try to activate it on your Windows 10 laptop.  

If ever you were able to successfully activate your VPN license and if ever you have no further concerns,  I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @Kostyaf,

I got your message and I'm happy to inform you that the VPN license key has been reset.  Kindly try to activate it on your Windows 10 laptop.  

If ever you were able to activate the VPN license successfully and if ever you have no further concerns,  I encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The NETGEAR Community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Kostyaf,

I just read your message.  Is there a software firewall or anti-virus application that is installed on your Windows 10 laptop?  If yes, you might need to create a rule to allow the NETGEAR VPN Client Professional Software to activate or you may want to uninstall the software firewall or anti-virus application.

The article below seems related to your concern.  Kindly follow the steps indicated:

https://kb.netgear.com/22190/Error-when-activating-VPN-Client-software-on-Windows-8

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements