Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR200 Advanved Firewall Traffic Rules; error message: cannot add the same traffic rule

keale
Star

BR200 Advanved Firewall Traffic Rules; error message: cannot add the same traffic rule

Dear community

I need to define two ranges in firewall traffic rules:

10.238.2.0/26 and
10.238.65.0/26

I can't find any way to use CIDR syntax Smiley Frustrated

So I define as first rule:
10.238.2.1 - 10.238.2.254

When I try to define the second rule
10.238.65.1 - 10.238.65.254

I get an error message: "cannot add the same traffic rule"

If I delete the first rule, then I can create the second rule and vice versa.
In my opinion, this is a bug. The address ranges are clearly separated. How can I work around this problem?

Q to site admins: Why does BR200 not appear in the model selection?

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 5
keale
Star

Betreff: BR200 Advanved Firewall Traffic Rules; error message: cannot add the same traffic rule

I was able to create the second rule by selecting TCP+UDP as the protocol for the first rule and only TCP for the second....

I find it sad that no one from NETGEAR experts responded to my request. I am very disappointed with BR200 and support and will look for alternatives to NETGEAR products in the future.

Message 2 of 5
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Betreff: BR200 Advanved Firewall Traffic Rules; error message: cannot add the same traffic rule

Hello,

Let me discuss this with engineering for a possible work around on creating the second rule.

Message 3 of 5
keale
Star

Dear @MrJoshW

Thank you for your efforts. It would be nice if the CIDR syntax becomes possible, like it is with linux iptables. Otherwise it is not clear to me how to deal with large ranges, e.g. 10.140.1.0 - 10.140.254.254.

And one hint to this post. I have learned that the order of the rules is important. It would be nice if there was a way to order the rules in WebUI. Now one have to enter the rules in allready the right order. This makes e.g. whitelisting of a new IP difficult.

Is a CLI for BR200 available with more options as WebUI?

Message 4 of 5
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

CIDR syntax and CLI access to the unit is not possible on the BR200/500 unit. As you previously stated for adding the traffic rules you would need to add the subnet range to the traffic rules list. This would be something to bring up in the ideas exchange thread.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Idea-Exchange-For-Business/idb-p/idea-exchange-for-business

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements