Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR200 disable NAT

TonioRoffo
Follower

BR200 disable NAT

Hello,

I'm looking to put the BR200 in a network where the internet breakout is further on the WAN chain.

So I don't want NAT between LAN & WAN on the device - just plain routing.  Is this possible with the BR200?

Thanks.

PS. It's about a BR200 but I can't even choose that in the Model on the community 😞

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@TonioRoffo wrote:

So I don't want NAT between LAN & WAN on the device - just plain routing.  Is this possible with the BR200?

No.

Message 2 of 6
ZbigT
Guide

Hello,

while I don't run BR200 in this configuration, I'm pretty sure you should be able to achieve that by just not using the WAN port. You have the flexibility to define separate LANs, assign them to VLANs and them, in turn, to different switch ports (either 802.1Q-tagged or untagged). Then you can use "Traffic Rules" to allow or disallow inter-VLAN traffic based on several criteria and are free to ignore the existence of the WAN port the whole time.

Best regards,

Zbig

Message 3 of 6
ZbigT
Guide

@schumaku wrote:

@TonioRoffo wrote:

No.

Hmm, why? Where's the catch or flaw in the solution I suggested?

Message 4 of 6
schumaku
Guru

@ZbigT wrote:

@schumaku wrote:

@TonioRoffo wrote:

No.

Hmm, why? Where's the catch or flaw in the solution I suggested?

The point is that the product does not have a control to change the config from NAT to plain routing.

Of coourse one could use all the local [V]LANs for subnets and routing - the crux is the default gateway does still point to the NATed WAN.

Can't see a solution.

Message 5 of 6
ZbigT
Guide

The point is that the product does not have a control to change the config from NAT to plain routing.

Of coourse one could use all the local [V]LANs for subnets and routing - the crux is the default gateway does still point to the NATed WAN.

Can't see a solution.

Good point. Just tried, out of couriosity, creating a 0.0.0.0/0 static route that woud hopefully override the default gateway but the UI won't let me 😞

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements