Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 Highly unstable fw version 5.6.0.1

Madhu77
Aspirant

BR500 Highly unstable fw version 5.6.0.1

FW Version is 5.6.0.1

On the WAN side, connected to Centurylink fiber optic router

On the LAN side, connected to Netgear GC728XP

Everything works fine. But only for an hour or so. Then BR500 just freezes. Locks up. Does Nothing. Cant access if I connect my laptop on one of the 4 ethernet ports. 

I reboot, and after a long minute or more, things come back to normal. But only for an hour.

This is extremely frustrating to the whole family, and I have to drop what I am doing, and go reset the router.

Is there a newer firmare or an older firmware which is more stable?

Madhu Shekhar

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Madhu77,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

Was everything working fine before upgrading to firmware v5.6.0.1?  If yes, let us try to downgrade the firmware of the BR500 to v5.5.0.1.  You can download BR500 firmware v5.5.0.1 here.  Then, perform a factory reset then reconfigure the settings from scratch and check if the same problem will occur. 

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 5
Madhu77
Aspirant

I bought it brand new a month ago. I dont recall if I upgraded to 5.6.0.1, or if already had 5.6.0.1

I dont want to do a factory reset and recreate all the IP address reservations, the one VLAN tagging I added, the PPPoE credentials, etc. Can I backup the configuration in 5.6.0.1, and import it into 5.5.0.1?

Is this a problem known to Netgear, is it being resolved? 

Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Madhu77,

Can I backup the configuration in 5.6.0.1, and import it into 5.5.0.1?

You may backup the config on the v5.6.0.1 then import it to v5.5.0.1.   Observe the internet connection through the BR500 after downgrading the firmware.  

Is this a problem known to Netgear, is it being resolved?

As far as I have checked, there is no issue as per described on your initial post pertaining to firmware v5.6.0.1.

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Madhu77,

As a follow-up on this, let me inform you that a new firmware for the BR500 has been released which is v5.6.0.2.  You can download it here.  I advise you to upgrade the firmware of your BR500 to the latest firmware version and observe if the same problem occurs. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements