Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR500 IPSec - Can't set Aggressive Mode

Anton-Stewart
Initiate

BR500 IPSec - Can't set Aggressive Mode

I am replacing an old FVS124G with a BR500, but I'm having extreme difficulty in manually configuring an IPSec VPN. I need to use Aggressive Mode as the other end point of the tunnel has a dynamic IP address so I have to specify its FQDN.

I am using IKEv1 (which permits Aggressive Mode), but when I select it and click apply, the policy reverts to Main Mode. In theory this should work, but it dosen't.. and I've not been able to turn up any answers online. Hence my post here.

I'm running Firmware v5.8.0.1 and I even tried downgrading to the previous version to see if that would help.. but no joy.

I'm very much hoping that someone can throw me a bone and help me resolve the issue.

Thanks in anticipation,

Anton

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Re: BR500 IPSec - Can't set Aggressive Mode

Hi Anton-Stewart,
Welcome to the community!
Please try firmware v5.6.0.2,hope it can help resolve the issue.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Dan_Z
NETGEAR Expert

Hi Anton-Stewart,
Welcome to the community!
Please try firmware v5.6.0.2,hope it can help resolve the issue.

Thanks.

Message 2 of 3
Anton-Stewart
Initiate

Thanks so much for that, downgrading to 5.6.0.2 did indeed allow me to configure the VPN with Aggressive mode.

However, given that Insight tries to automatically update the firmware of devices registered on an account, I'm concerned that my BR500 might 'automatically' update and break this functionality.

Does Netgear have plans to roll this 'fix' into the latest version of the firmware?

Best - Anton

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements