Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 IPsec VPN dropping constantly

warsawtech
Tutor

BR500 IPsec VPN dropping constantly

Haven't bothered opening a support case yet, just looking for input on what I might be overlooking. Since the Insight Instant VPN isn't working I decided to try and get the 2 BR500 setup with IPsec tunnel so my clients could work. Did a simple config just to get tunnel up, no customization just using defaults. Tunnel came up, showed connect in Insight. That lasts for about 45 seconds then tunnel drops for 2 minutes, the connects again. Keeps repeating, I log into each site on a computer running a ping -t and watch it come alive, then drop again over and over. Any thoughts on what I should check.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@warsawtech,

May I know if both BR500s are running on the latest firmware? You may also check this article on how to properly set up the Site to Site VPN to ensure that you didn't overlook anything. 

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 4
warsawtech
Tutor

@JohnC_V wrote:

@warsawtech,

May I know if both BR500s are running on the latest firmware? You may also check this article on how to properly set up the Site to Site VPN to ensure that you didn't overlook anything. 

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Both routers are running FW 5.8.0.1. After installing the FW the Instant VPN stopped working. So I tried setting up the IPsec using the exact instruction you gave me a link too

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@warsawtech,

Please make sure that both routers are not on a double NAT setup and also the LAN subnet shouldn't be the same. May you be able to share the VPN logs on both routers?

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements