Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 “Instant VPN”?

kc6108
Luminary

BR500 “Instant VPN”?

How do you add a BR500 to a VPN Group inside Insight? Every time I try in the phone app I get a generic error. When I try online or via the Mac app I get an error stating a Virtual IP is needed.
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

The virtual IP issue is fixed and deployed to production server, please let us know if you still have issue. Thank you all. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 11

All Replies
kc6108
Luminary

Also, why is there a limit of 64 reserved IPs? Hopefully this was just an oversight. I’m trying to replace an SRX5308 since Netgear has stopped releasing updates for them.
Message 2 of 11
Glimberg
Aspirant

I have the same problem adding any of my two BR500 to a VPN group.

The iphone app gives an generic error and when I try with the insigt Cloud portal website it tells me "Unable to add device(s) because Unable to assign Virtual IP"

Does anyone have an solution?

Message 3 of 11
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@kc6108 / @Glimberg,

Welcome to the community! 🙂 

What is the current firmware version of your BR500?  If ever its not yet the latest version, I suggest you to upgrade the firmware to the latest version which is v5.5.0.1.  You can download it here.  Be reminded to perform a factory reset on the BR500 after upgrading the firmware the reconfigure the settings from scratch in order to start clean using the latest firmware version.  Then, check if the same problem occurs.

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 11
kc6108
Luminary

It was updated at the time. I just finished upgrading, resetting, and re-configurating the BR500 though. Now my problem is worse. Now I can’t even create a VPN group whereas before I could create the group but wasn’t able to add the router afterwards. The error has been replaced with a message stating I need to purchase a spot/license for a group, etc. WTH? I read that every BR500 comes with 1 client to gateway seat per each BR500 device. What’s changed?

I swear the website also stated that if you bought the BR500 prior to 1/29/19 you’d get a VPN license for client access forever. That’s why I bought the device last week.
Message 5 of 11
klanasa12
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem. 

I am now going on Day four of the fight with Netgear - currently waiting on Level 3 support to call since last week.

I upgraded to the latest firmware, reset the device at least 5 times, bought the premium service and bought the VPN service - still not working.

Any ideas?

Message 6 of 11
Glimberg
Aspirant

Yes, same here. I have upgraded to firmware 5.5 and done a factory reset on both my BR500, deleted all old VPN groups, bought the premium service for VPN and I get the same message that "Unable to add device(s) because Unable to assign Virtual IP" as before.

I am not very impressed.

/ John

Message 7 of 11
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry for the service inconvenience!

We are working on a fix to the virtual IP issue, will keep you updated. 

Thank you.

Message 8 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have the same issue (no virtual ip can be assigned). The diagnostic tool in the firewall info test appears warn - MQTT is blocked, use HTTP.
Message 9 of 11
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

The virtual IP issue is fixed and deployed to production server, please let us know if you still have issue. Thank you all. 

Message 10 of 11
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Now it is all ok.. Thank you very much
Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements