Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 Traffic Count completely wrong

rjwerth28
Guide

BR500 Traffic Count completely wrong

For some time now, one of my BR500s traffic count is completely wrong.  For example, as of right now, it thinks it has moved 2943.79TB of data in the last 24 hours.  I don't need to tell you that it is completely impossible.  I have done a full reset of the router in the past and will do so once again today, but this needs to be corrected.

Just one more thing in a very long list of issues with these routers.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rjwerth28,

Kindly answer the questions below: 

a. Is the BR500 that shows the traffic count is wrong managed locally or managed via NETGEAR Insight? 

b. What is the current firmware version of your BR500 that shows the traffic count is wrong?  If ever its not yet the latest version, I suggest that you update it.  The latest BR500 firmware version is v5.8.0.1 and you can download it here

c. If ever you are already done a factory reset again the BR500 that shows the traffic count is wrong, does same problem occur?  If yes, kindly post a screenshot that shows the traffic count is wrong on one of your BR500.  

d. How is everything connected?  It would be best that you post a diagram of your detailed network setup.  

Regards,

DaneA
NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 8
rjwerth28
Guide

Software is 5.8.01.  I have performed several resets but the last one might have worked.

The network couldn't be simpler with a cable modem, the Br500 router with a client on one port and an 8 port unmanaged switch on the other port which takes care of all the other hardwired items in the office.

Message 3 of 8
rjwerth28
Guide

Well, this router is at it again.  17.78TB in 24 hours is being reported.  Is there any fix to this???

Message 4 of 8
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rjwerth28,

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.  Found out that you already have an ongoing support ticket with NETGEAR Support.  You may want to post here the progress of it.  

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 8
rjwerth28
Guide

4 days dealing with Tier 3 support and the best they have is "have you tried resetting the router?"  Geez.

Message 6 of 8
reyii
Aspirant

Hi,

I'm having similar problem with my Router BR500.

Firmware 5.10.0.3

Insight Managed

It has been reseted.

1 week frame traffic count is messed up, flat, no data.

24 hours frame is OK

8 hours frame is OK.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 7 of 8
BMH-DK
Guide

Hi,

I have the same problem with the BR200 router. 

Trouble relates to Insight, I guess:

1. Every 7 days all history for CPU load and memory usage disappears. 
  2. Every 7 days the running 7-days traffic history disappears - or rather, all historic traffic is aggregated into ONE huge number, whcih is reported in the first minute of the time-series, which again means that all traffic after that becomes minutes and invisible in the graph. 

Very unfortunate. Makes the overviews pretty much useless.

Router BR200 with firmware 5.10.0.5.

Setup: ISP >> BR200 >> GS728TPPv2 >> WAX610

All devices are Insight managed

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements