Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR500 V5.7.0.2 - Still having to reboot for functioning link between second BR500

CAWdc
Aspirant

BR500 V5.7.0.2 - Still having to reboot for functioning link between second BR500

I'd hoped this last firmware update was going to resulve the need to reboot each unit to restablish a working VPN, but nope.  Still having issues where one end cannot see the other.  Rebooting both seems to resolve the issue.... until it happens again.

Clients generally require a complete reboot when connecting via software VPN if they've previously connected (without having done a complete OS reboot).

Message 1 of 3
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: BR500 V5.7.0.2 - Still having to reboot for functioning link between second BR500

@CAWdc,

I advise you to open a chat or online support ticket with NETGEAR Support Team here at anytime.  Kindly state your concern and you may provide the link of this forum thread as reference. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 3
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: BR500 V5.7.0.2 - Still having to reboot for functioning link between second BR500

Instead of rebooting, you can change the proxy on each BR500 device to connect to another proxy that may be more stable based on your location. To change the proxy go to IPADDRESSOFDEVICE/support.htm and from there, select a different proxy address from the list. The VPN service will restart and re-establish a connection to the newly selected proxy. Be sure to have each BR500 device connect to the same proxy and once completed verify if you are able to re-connect to the VPN.

If the issue continues, instead of rebooting, please enable the secure diagnostics mode located under the support.htm page and private message me the port number. I can remote in and further verify why the VPN service is not working for you.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements