Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues

MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Update 10/25

Hello,

Update was posted today in a previous post:

I received an update from engineering. One of the VPN servers was dropping connections which was causing the VPN connection loss issues that were reporting. This was addressed and customers should now be able to connect, this may require a reboot of the router to re-establish the connection and no need to upgrade to the 5.7.0.6 firmware. 

If you are still experiencing issues with the VPN, please private message me the support case so that we can further help on the issue.

Message 51 of 241
NathenB
Apprentice

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Update 10/25

So far my clients say that they have not issues. I will say that on Sunday, I removed my device from the VPN Group and Deleted the Group. I then created the group again and added the device again. My clients are all running the 1.1.0.21 Client, and I have the "fix" firmware of 5.7.0.6 installed on my router for that client.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 52 of 241
BretD
Admin

Update Oct 30, 2019

Dear NETGEAR BR500 customers,

Over the past two weeks we have experienced extreme instability with our VPN cloud ecosystem.  We believe it is due to the scale of customer base combined with our design tradeoffs on passing cloud status.   We are working around the clock to identify a fix, test it and roll it out to production with as little ongoing disruption as possible.    Unfortunately the current situation requires us to regularly reboot our cloud servers which is causing the disruption you are experiencing.  

We are committed to having a robust and reliable VPN service and realize that we have not achieved this.   For this we are truly sorry and we will continue to work on this until we have achieved this objective. We will be posting regular (several a day) updates on our corrective action status at this location in our community until we have completely resolved this issue. If you would prefer to get these status updates sent to you directly, please visit this locked update thread in the community and for instructions on subscribing to updates. You can alternativly subscribe to this current thread, but will be updated anytime anyone responds.

Sincerely,

NETGEAR BR500 teamHow-To-Subscribe-Community.png

Message 53 of 241
BretD
Admin

Update 10/31/2019 10:00 AM PT: Insight VPN Services are operational.

Message 54 of 241
BretD
Admin

Current Status:

We are testing candidate builds for a permanent fix and hope to finish QA by early next week.   In the interim we continue to closely monitor server loading to prevent outages.

Message 55 of 241
MounirdeBrussel
Aspirant

Bonjour, depuis que vous avez réparé le vpn qui fonctionne chez moi pour le moment. Je n'ai plus accès à toutes mes devices  quand je suis en local. ???? 

Et j'aimerai étendre le vpn aussi sur mes iPad et iPhones qu'elle est la procédure. Svp. Merci

Message 56 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Are you able to access it locally when the VPN is not in use? Is there a support case opened regarding not being able to access your devices locally? As for a mobile VPN Insight client, we currently do not support this but be on the look out for future changes to the Insight VPN.

Message 57 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

Things were working, but now my Instant VPN is no longer connected and keeping showing "In Progress" for two days and no connection even after rebooting both BR500's. Tried to delete the routers out of instant VPN and it will not let me through the Insight portal

Message 58 of 241
MounirdeBrussel
Aspirant

Hello, the problem of access to my cameras has been solved. This is a bug on version 0.6. I went back to version 0.4.

It's a shame that you do not manage the Br500 vpn for Apple mobiles ...

Message 59 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Warsawtech, 

Engineering corrected an issue on the back end in regards to the VPN groups. Can you verify for me if you are still not able to add/remove BR500 devices from the VPN group?

Message 60 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

MrJoshW,

Could you please give the community an update on the support progress? I am waiting until the "big fix" to re-install

Message 61 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

@MrJoshW wrote:

Warsawtech, 

Engineering corrected an issue on the back end in regards to the VPN groups. Can you verify for me if you are still not able to add/remove BR500 devices from the VPN group?

After your post I checked and my VPN is connected again so I really don't want to delete it now that the client is back on with their VPN. I was going to delete and recreate it to see if it would move beyond the "In-Progress"

Message 62 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Tetrawest,

VPN service is back up and running at this time. You should not experience any issues. If you do, please let me know and we can open a support case to further troubleshoot.

Message 63 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

Message 64 of 241
BretD
Admin

That is correct, a final fix is not yet in place, however, it is getting 24/7 monitoring and high-scruitiny. Including additional server space and proactive rebooting until it's resolved. In the past 4 days there has been a total of <1 hr of downtime accross all regions. 

Thanks,

@tetrawest wrote:

According to this, the final fix is not yet complete

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/BR500-Connectivity-Issue-Subscribe-Here-...

Message 65 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Well, I see VPN is down yet again...
Message 66 of 241
MounirdeBrussel
Aspirant

Oui C'est vraiment pénible nous payons pour un service qui n'est vraiment pas fonctionnel du tout. des coupures sans cesse.

Message 67 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

Yep, my VPN's are back down today

Message 68 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Reply Thread

I created a new VPN Group to do testing and now when I try to delete the routers out of it I get "An error occurred while processing request. Please try again" Which I do but nothing happens except same error message

Message 69 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Reply Thread

Hello,

There was on going maintenance over the week to bring more stability to the VPN service and service should be up and running now. If you are still experiencing issues. Can you please send me a private message with your MYNETGEAR email and serial number of the BR500 device so we can open a support case to further address the issue.

Message 70 of 241
eibo
Aspirant

Most of our customers in South Africa is down, please advise?

Message 71 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Are the customers site to site? Client to site? Any error messages being seen?

Message 72 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

Any update on the final fix? This has been going on for over a month. Again, I am hesitant to re-install until after the final fix is in place. 

Message 73 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Another night with no VPN.....

Message 74 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

Netgear,

I was forced to purchase the BR500 system because you stopped supporting/updating my old FVS336V3 firewall/routers. But these BR500 systems are not reliable. 

Either fix these things OR re-start support for the older routers. 

Message 75 of 241
Discussion stats
Announcements