Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Reply Thread

MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Reply Thread

Hello,

Latest updates show that our VPN servers are up and running. For latest updates on the VPN status please be sure to subscribe to the community link below:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/BR500-Connectivity-Issue-Subscribe-Here-...

If you do have any issues with the VPN service, please send me a private message and we can open a support case to further help.

Message 76 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

Netgear,

That is not answering the questions. It has been stated that a "Final Fix" will be implement. No where has it been communicted that this "Final Fix" is complete. Yes, you are sending updates that the VPNs are up. But they are still not 100%, as can be shown by users logging on here.

The idea that "Opening a ticket" if there is an issue is a "fix" is not. A ticket should be opened because of problems at OUR end, not at your end. 

Is there a "Final Fix"? And when will it be implemented?

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 77 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

FYI:

99% uptime  = 3.65 days of downtime

99.9% uptime = 8.76 hours of downtime

99.99% uptime = 52.56 minutes of downtime

These VPN servers and VPN services are not even at 99% for this year. 

Message 78 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

The VPN service is still down. I'm calling BS on those daily reports now.
Message 79 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

If you can, please send me a private message with the system serial number so we can open a support case on this issue.

Message 80 of 241

Looks like our VPN is down again. Is anyone else experiencing issues? We have rebooted the firewalls several times, etc. Where is this mythical final fix we’ve heard about for over a month?
Message 81 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

@randomuser123 wrote:
Looks like our VPN is down again. Is anyone else experiencing issues? We have rebooted the firewalls several times, etc. Where is this mythical final fix we’ve heard about for over a month?

Yep we're back down at 6 different sites 😞

Message 82 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

Currently engineering is debugging an issue with the VPN connection is affecting some users. This can affect connecting to the Insight VPN if you are connected to one of the affected nodes. You can change the proxy of the BR500 to connect to a different VPN node. This can be done by logging into the routers support page IPADDRESSOFDEVICE/support.html and from there changing the proxy server you wish to connect to. This will connect you to another node and attempt to connect to the VPN server.

Message 83 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Engineering has updated that the VPN services are back up and running. If you are still experiencing any further issues with the VPN, please let us know and we can open a support case to further assist.

Message 84 of 241
BretD
Admin

10AM, Thursday, 12/12/2019 PST.

External notes:

• All servers are currently operational.
  • Going forward, live status can be checked here: https://status.netgear.com/insight Insight VPN service is under Insight category. Any incident on VPN service will be recorded here. We may phase out this regular update and consolidate status report in central place.

Region

Current

-1Day

-2D

-3D

-4D

-5D

-6D

-7D

1: US-W

2: US-E

3: EU

4: US-E

5: US-W

6: US-W

7: EU

8: US-E

Total

Message 85 of 241

We are down once again. We have had intermittent connectivity since yesterday afternoon. Today it’s been down all morning.

Where is this final fix they announced over a month ago?!?
Message 86 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

Yes. I will not re-install the BR500 until the "Final Fix" is complete. So far I have removed them fro service for almost 2 months. When will this "final fix" be implemented?

Message 87 of 241

Any update on this fix? We are down yet again. Rebooting firewalls do not help. This is getting very old real quick.
Message 88 of 241
jkfcb1975
Guide

I'd love to know why my Insight units for clients multiple locations are frequently alerting falsely to being offline.  I get so many emails and app alerts at early morning hours consistantly.  My inbox is flooded with false offline and online emails and I know they're internet connections are not going down.

What is going on with the Insight service that is causing these falsealert issues?!  Or is there something in the firmware that causes them to randomly go offline and report... In my Insight portal alone I show nearly 50,000 alerts!  Port 2 down, port 2 up, switch offline, switch online.  I have a single Insight 8 port switch, what the heck is going on with alerts?  I've searched everywhere so if there is a different thread I should post this on please let me know.

Lastly, why can I not SELECT LL for these alerts and delete them all.  I can only do a page at a time of like 15 and with nearly 50K.... Come on!

Message 89 of 241
Francis78
Tutor

Hi, I have the same problem with my 3 BR500 and devices connected on these since several months.

About 3 to 4 times per day, my 2 readynas are offline and 3 minutes later, they are online.

French support don't know why...

Message 90 of 241
jkfcb1975
Guide

Exactly, only offline for a few mintues everytime... It's just another thing they refuse to talk about or address!

Message 91 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Francis78, can you send me the case number in a private message? I can take a look at the case notes and see what the issue is.

Message 92 of 241
jkfcb1975
Guide

Any updates on this?  22 false alerts in the last four days, 15 of those today on one of my clients (3 devices, which multiple messages per device).

The Orbi SRR60 is the only one that has given any actual info this time:
SRR60, ORBI

curl_post_log Return code: 6, Error string: Error, Error buffer: Couldn't resolve host 'api.insight.netgear.com'

SRR60, ORBI

curl_post_health Return code: 6, Error string: Error, Error buffer: Couldn't resolve host 'presence.insight.netgear.com'

I was at nearly 60K notifications on my portal and no way to delete them all...

Message 93 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

@Francis78 wrote:

Hi, I have the same problem with my 3 BR500 and devices connected on these since several months.

About 3 to 4 times per day, my 2 readynas are offline and 3 minutes later, they are online.

French support don't know why...

I am having the same issue with my ReadyNAS 428. At least once per day, the Insight service will send a message that it is off-line for 2-3 minutes. As far as I can tell, it is not off-line. The internal logs do not show anything happening. 

Message 94 of 241
BretD
Admin

Current Status: VPN Server is unstable

Starting 3AM, 02/24/2020, PST, VPN servers became unstable after system software(VPN unrelated) update, we are still investigating.

Message 95 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Down again today.
Message 96 of 241

It’s been down for us all day today again. We’ve rebooted the firewalls multiple times. We cannot log into the devices locally and change the vpn server attached to as these devices are several hundred miles apart. I thought the last 5.8.0.1 firmware was supposed to resolve these issues?
Message 97 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello Everyone, we are observing an issue with some of the Insight VPN servers. Some customers may experience intermittent VPN connection issues. Engineering are currently working on resolving it.

For anyone reporting problems with Insight VPN connectivity, please see below:

• For broken client to site VPN connection, please logout and login again to restore connectivity.
• For broken site to site VPN connection, please try to select different proxy server by logging on locally to one of the BR500 at https://ip_of_br500/support,html, or restart BR500.

Once there is a resolution to this issue, I will post in update.

Message 98 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

Been down since around 9AM CDT (-5:00). I have rebooted all VPN routers and no effect.

Message 99 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

Direct connection does not work either

Message 100 of 241
Discussion stats
Announcements