Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Reply Thread

NathenB
Apprentice

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Reply Thread

I agree that this is typically how it works for me as well. I am just trying to provide info, in the event that tech support may be watching.

Message 201 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

Things still offline this morning. 

Status is also still listed as performance issues on https://status.netgear.com/insight

Trying to use Insight VPN Client gives me this today:

Capture2.PNG

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 202 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

My site-site Insight VPN was off-line for at least 12 hours. Sometime yesterday afternoon until around 6AM this morning. 

I rebooted several times in the evening and it did not help. They were just "on" this morning. I expect Insight server issues, again.

The direct Insight VPN (PC to Site) is still not working. 

Strangely enough, OPEN VPN  (PC to site) was also not working yesterday. It is working this morning. 

Message 203 of 241
NathenB
Apprentice

This is typically how my gear acts too, I am not using the site to site VPN, I have tried to build that a few times when we have these outages but its been a no-go. I did try the OPEN VPN setup once, when we were down for a prolonged amount of time with the same results as you. VPN to site is still down. It does look like they updated the status page to show "partial outage", so I am guessing the VPN is working for someone, somewhere. 

Message 204 of 241
pwill
Aspirant

Well, doesn't work for me since almost a week 😞

Message 205 of 241
tetrawest
Apprentice

Back to the VPN not working.

Site-Site has been down since yesterday afternoon (Insight)

Client to Site is down (Insight)

I can get OpenVPN to work on my Android devices, but not my PCs. 

We are back to "The Bad Times".

This works for a couple of weeks, then it starts to burp, hiccup and die. 

Message 206 of 241
pwill
Aspirant

Getting tired. 

After having had issues with not seeing the VPN group at all, now everything seems normal on the insight portal. The tunnel between two BR500s is green. Clients can connect to the VPN, select the group, connect and the remote network subnets show up. Looks great. BUT, clients cannot connect to the local servers and other devices :-(. Non of the local IP's can be reached.

Message 207 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

VPN down again....
Message 208 of 241
pwill
Aspirant

Fingers crossed: after support intervention I had one month of stable VPN 🙂

/Patrick

Message 209 of 241
Spr1049nc03
Tutor

Very frustrating...
When you Really need it!
Message 210 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Day 2 of no VPN....

Message 211 of 241
NathenB
Apprentice

I had to reboot yesterday, and the VPN came back up. I just received a message from a client that they are down, and tested, they are indeed down. Tried a reboot again, no-go. Tried to restart the clients, logged out, killed the task, and the VPN task and then relaunched, no-go. Client connects, slowly, and pings are reporting a mix of time outs, transmit failed, general failure, and reply from a 10.1.7.104 showing Destination host unreachable. I have tried multiple sites, I can confirm that the VPN is down again. 

Message 212 of 241
NathenB
Apprentice

Did a little more testing, I am having "sporadic" connectivity. I just ran some pings and am pinging to googles DNS at about 40 ms. When trying to ping trough the tunnel I now have some connectivity, I had 2 replies with one being 2279ms and the other being 283ms. The remaining 3 timed out.

Message 213 of 241
NathenB
Apprentice

It appeared about 20 min after my last post that things cleaned up. 

Message 214 of 241
Tech123123
Aspirant

Almost 2 years of Contant VPN drops and reboots. Netgear not sure wth you thought you could accomplish by moving us to subscription base making us purchase new hardware and then bending us over so hard. But just wanted to post this as I moved my final client off of the Netgear ecosystem completely. SMH you let me down and cost me tons of money and time I will not be returning.

Message 215 of 241
eremo
Guide

Insight VPN is down again for me. I was hoping the recent firmware update would help, but it hasn't worked since.

Netgear appears unable to deliver a reliable product, and unwilling to explain what the problem is.

It's just a matter of time before I replace our Netgear equipment. Anyone have recommendations for a small business VPN router?

Message 216 of 241
NathenB
Apprentice

Down here as well, both Site to Site and Client to site. Not to mention that when the VPN clients connect they see the same network 6 times.

Message 217 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Down for 2 days now.

I hear Ubiquiti makes a very nice product.

Message 218 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello Everyone,

I did get an update from engineering that the VPN outage has been resolved. If you are on the latest firmware the VPN connection will auto connect. If you are unable to re-connect a reboot of the BR500 or changing the VPN proxy to another VPN proxy may be needed to re-connect. 

Message 219 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Hate to tell you, I'm on the latest firmware and today the VPN is still down even after a reboot.

Message 220 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Day 2 of no VPN here....again.  Netgear stinks.

Message 221 of 241
pwill
Aspirant

No VPN connection since 2 days after Netgear patched their systems. I see 4 (old) groups in my VPN client. None of them works.

When will Netgear get this chaos under control .... 😞

Message 222 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Day 3 of no VPN.

They will never get control over this as far as I can tell.

I really want my money back.

Message 223 of 241
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

There were a few users whose VPN groups have some issues, we have cleared that up. Can you check if it's working now for you? If not, can you priviate message me so we can help you further? 

Thank you.

Message 224 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Officially one week now with no VPN....

Message 225 of 241
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements