Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Reply Thread

MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Re: BR500 VPN Currently Experiencing Intermittent Connectivity Issues - Reply Thread

rjwerth28,

What is the issue that you are running into? Unable to connect? Manage VPN groups? Do you have a screenshot of the error?

Message 226 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

After 3 days my new Instant VPN group showed up. Could add one router to group that took 2 days before it showed up. Now cannot add the second router to the group. Keeps saying

VPN2.PNGVPN1.PNG

Message 227 of 241
pwill
Aspirant

Netgear solved the/my issue with the multiple VPN groups. I hope it keeps the stability I am monitoring for the last days.

/Patrick

Message 228 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

Other images didn't show

VPN1.jpgVPN2.jpg

Message 229 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

warsawtech,

With your issue, are you able to great a new VPN group? or do you receive the same error?

Message 230 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Looks like I'm finally back up and running after being down for a week+.

The issue is always the same.  I get a Broken Connection indicator on my Insight App on my phone which means I no longer have connection between my two sites.  When that happens, I do not get off-site backups on my file server nor can I access anything on either site remotely.

Message 231 of 241
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Sorry for the inconvience this has brought to you. 

Your issue was due to the artifact on some BR500s when last time we had the VPN server stability issue, your two BR500 routers were connected to two different proxy servers and couldn't establish the site-2-site connection. A reboot of both routers should make them connect to the same server to re-establish the connection. 

Next time,  after we bring back the service to operational, if you still see broken connection, please try to reboot both sides. If that still does not work, you can contact us. 

Thank you for your understanding. 

Message 232 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

Deleted the new Group and created another new group and was able to add the two routers. Now my Insight VPN client won't connect to the group

Message 233 of 241
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Does the VPN site-2-site connection work? 

Are you running the client on Windows or Mac? 

Message 234 of 241
warsawtech
Tutor

I can ping from site2site both ways when I log into those sites.

Message 235 of 241
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

If possible, can you private message me the serial number of the device? We can get a support case opened up and issue opened for engineering on this.

Message 236 of 241
pwill
Aspirant

I have multiple VPN groups again, no VPN connection and difficulty to login into Insight VPN  ...

Was there an update?

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 237 of 241
YeZ
NETGEAR Expert
NETGEAR Expert

Please email us your BR500 serial number(s) to insight-feedback@netgear.com and we'll help you look into that. Thank you. 

Message 238 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

Another day with no site to site VPN
Message 239 of 241
pwill
Aspirant

Same here on monday ...

Message 240 of 241
rjwerth28
Guide

2 more days with no VPN.
Message 241 of 241
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements