Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500 high CPU usage and default to factory settings on reboot

warsawtech
Tutor

BR500 high CPU usage and default to factory settings on reboot

BR500 2x in a 10 day period the CPU usage pegged at 98%. The router showed a message that router should be rebooted. When I rebooted it from Insight web page it didn't come back online. Drove to clients location to discover router had went back to factory default settings wrecking havoc on the network because the DHCP was running on it. After this occurring twice now I'm looking for some answers. My company has plans to roll around 50 of these around the country, but can't risk it with the behavior I'm seeing

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
DasTyler
Tutor

Hi

yes high cpu alert, although saying at 50%

loaded new firmware and holding so far..

thank you very much

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @warsawtech,

I found out from the NETGEAR Support Team that you have opened a support ticket (case # 41163704) regarding your concern described on your post.  The NETGEAR Support expert assigned on your support ticket sent you a follow-up e-mail on how to get the BR500 Logs and on how to attach it on your support ticket.  The BR500 Logs is required so that your support ticket can be escalated to the engineering team for further investigation. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 7
warsawtech
Tutor

Problem is my support Case #: 41163704 is not showing up in My Support. So I can't upload the logs

Message 3 of 7
MrJoshW
NETGEAR Expert

Hello,

I have taken ownership of case 41163704 and will send you a private message to verify contact information and collect the logs for review.

Message 4 of 7
DasTyler
Tutor

Hi
Having the same problem. Any resolution to this? Have two BR500s doing the same thing. They have rebooted themselves and always go back to factory settings. Getting very tired of having to go to site and reload backup configuration files.
Message 5 of 7
warsawtech
Tutor

@DasTyler wrote:
Hi
Having the same problem. Any resolution to this? Have two BR500s doing the same thing. They have rebooted themselves and always go back to factory settings. Getting very tired of having to go to site and reload backup configuration files.

Go to here and upload the stable release of this firmware and it seems to fix the issue:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/Business-Router-19-07-0-8/m-p/1724938#M9...

At least I'm not the only one having the issue. Did you happen to notice if you had high CPU usage??

Message 6 of 7
DasTyler
Tutor

Hi

yes high cpu alert, although saying at 50%

loaded new firmware and holding so far..

thank you very much

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements