Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR500 - information (firmware, status, uptime) all incorrect in Insight portal

Retired_Member
Not applicable

BR500 - information (firmware, status, uptime) all incorrect in Insight portal

Hi

I manage a BR500 router in a remote office, and have an Insight subscription.

In the Insight portal the router shows as "connected", and "last seen" just now. The firmware is shown as 5.7.0.4, and uptime circa 330 days.

I was on site yesterday. In reality the firmware is 5.10.0.5, and I restarted the device, so uptime should be <24 hours. It was also reporting that it could not connect to the cloud service ("Access to cloud is not available.") and the cloud LED is unlit.

Commands to restart the router from insight appear to work, but again the information does not update.

It appears that the BR500 is "stuck" in some past state as far as Insight is concerned, rendering all remote management useless. Has anyone come across or fixed this?

Thanks in advance

Tom

Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: BR500 - information (firmware, status, uptime) all incorrect in Insight portal

(Huh - how odd. A while after posting this I got a "location is offline" message, and when it came back up, everything is now correct. I hadn't made any changes.)

Message 2 of 5
Tg-01
Aspirant

Re: BR500 - information (firmware, status, uptime) all incorrect in Insight portal

I run the firmware upgrade yesterday over the insight network and mine is stuck at Upgrading Firmware. I can access all insight units inside the network. But can’t access the BR 500 itself.
Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 3 of 5
DaneA
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@Retired_Member / @Tg-01,

Be informed that NETGEAR Insight v6.2.20 was recently released. 

Are you still able to get replies when you ping the IP Address of the BR500?  

Are there any error message/s you have encountered?  If yes, kindly post a screenshot of it. 

Regards,

DaneA

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Hi DaneA

In my situation the BR500 was online, was routing traffic could be pinged from the local network.

The only error message was as described in my original post: "Access to cloud is not available" was shown in the router web admin interface, and the data on the Insight portal was all out of date.

But - whatever it was, it seems to have resolved itself.

Tom

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements