Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR500 no longer connects to Insight after FW5.8.0.1 `

Ppummill
Apprentice

BR500 no longer connects to Insight after FW5.8.0.1 `

Updated the firmware while the site was dark over the weekend.  Insight shows that the Device has failed to connect back.  

I've rebooted several times.  

The adorable little "Troubleshoot" button in the Insight app is not much assistance.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

-patrick

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
warsawtech
Tutor

Re: BR500 no longer connects to Insight after FW5.8.0.1 `

3 weeks ago while still on FW 5.7.0.1 I had a BR500 disconnect from Insight. Calles support and did the regular song and dance of factory reset. Delete it out of Insight. Then it came back online with my cute little blue cloud light, Uploaded my config file to it and it promptly disconnected from Insight. Had to do a factory reset again and configure it from scratch. Then it stayed omline with Insight,

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
warsawtech
Tutor

3 weeks ago while still on FW 5.7.0.1 I had a BR500 disconnect from Insight. Calles support and did the regular song and dance of factory reset. Delete it out of Insight. Then it came back online with my cute little blue cloud light, Uploaded my config file to it and it promptly disconnected from Insight. Had to do a factory reset again and configure it from scratch. Then it stayed omline with Insight,

Message 2 of 3
Ppummill
Apprentice

Hi, 

thanks for that helpful ...um... insight.  And for reminding me of that particular procedure.  

Rebuilding the config from scratch after a factory reset seems to have done the trick.

thanks again.

-patrick

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements