Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR500 not creating Vlans correctly

netaddict
Aspirant

BR500 not creating Vlans correctly

Hi guys hoping to get some assistance here. I have a Netgear BR500 VPN router which works fine and getting the vpn up is quite simple, however i am struggling with vlans. I cretaed the Vlan for port 2(Lan2) and set it on a seperate IP range. Plug cable in and i get dhcp and everything works fine but cant see Lan1(Port1) so created a traffic rule and can then see it. But when we done with configurations of the devices connected to Port2 on Lan 2 and do a Router reboot everything on LAN2(Port2) stops getting DHCP and cannot access the internet.

Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
netaddict
Aspirant

Re: BR500 not creating Vlans correctly

Hi guys sorry for the delayed response. There was an issue with the router which was resolved by the netgear team.

Thanks for the asistance

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi netaddict,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

As per checking, you were able to create the VLAN but after reboot it stops getting DHCP and even cannot access the internet. In order for us to assist you better with the issue, kindly provide us additional information. I have summarized my questions below:

- May I know how did you assign the VLAN on port 2? Was it Tagged or Untagged?

- Do you have a switch that will be connected to port 2?

- How many devices are connected to port 2?

I'll look forward to your reply. You may also open a case on NETGEAR support and take advantage of the 90-days complimentary support over the phone to resolve this issue immediately.

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
netaddict
Aspirant

Hi guys sorry for the delayed response. There was an issue with the router which was resolved by the netgear team.

Thanks for the asistance

Message 3 of 4

Were you having issues with the VLANs through Insight or through the local GUI?

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements