Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: BR500: "CPU occupancy rate is high. Check the router."

skerps
Aspirant

BR500: "CPU occupancy rate is high. Check the router."

I have had my BR500 for about a year and over the past 6 months the CPU utilization is anywhere from 60-80%. I have rebooted and made sure the firmware is on the latest version. (Firmware VersionV5.10.0.5) I have also tried to isolate subnets connected to my Vlan to see a device is causing this but the CPU usage stays the same. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 6
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi skerps,

Welcome to our community! 🙂

It seems that you were having issues with your BR500. How many devices are connected to your network? How many VLANs? Please try doing a backup of the configuration and resetting it to factory default. Please check if it will show the same CPU utilization after factory default, if it worked, then try to re-upload the backup file and see it from there.

Regards,

John

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 2 of 6
skerps
Aspirant

My appologies I have a BR200 not a BR500. I have about 15-20 devices connected on one subnet and 1 Vlan for Wifi. I have tried to perform the factory reset and the CPU usage is low then when I start connecting devices it goes up again after a day or so. I've tried restoring my confirguration from a backup at first and also without restoring the config (configuring manually) but the issue remains. Thanks in advance for any assistance with this. 

Message 3 of 6
toya
Tutor

Message 4 of 6
toya
Tutor

hi.

i have same issue. did you find any solution?

Message 5 of 6
skerps
Aspirant

Unfortunately no. I was forced to ditch the router and ended up making my own with pfsense. Netgear support wanted me to perform factory resets and do further testing but I could not afford the downtime. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements