Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

BR500 still resetting itself back to factory defaults

warsawtech
Tutor

BR500 still resetting itself back to factory defaults

Okay still looking for some answers on this issue. In the last three weeks our BR 500 has reset itself 4 times. Yesterday it did it twice in a six hour span.

I already did the standard playbook of hit reset button, blow current firmware on AGAIN, reconfigure it fresh at 4:30 PM yesterday, at 10 PM it reset itself back to factory default again. 

Wondering if Netgear put something in the firmware to save troubleshooting time and it does it own reset and reboot for you.

Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: BR500 still resetting itself back to factory defaults

@warsawtech,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope that the replacement unit may fix your issue immediately.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5

All Replies
warsawtech
Tutor

I was a few days late in submitting a ticket and my 90 days were up. Out of desparation I went ahead and purchased a one year service contract. One phone call and I had a RMA and another one coming.

Tricky way to get more money out of me since things hadn't been right for quite awhile and support sucked until I purchased a service contract

Message 2 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@warsawtech,

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you. I hope that the replacement unit may fix your issue immediately.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 3 of 5
warsawtech
Tutor

Well it has just been 4 days, but no problems YET. I hope this solves the issue. My concern is that I need to deploy around 10 of this model around the country (US) where having it reset itself is going to leave me with some very mad clients.

Message 4 of 5
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@warsawtech,

Thank you for considering the BR500. It could probably just a hardware issue to this specific unit that the memory is not keeping your recent configuration.

Regards,

JohnCarloV

NETGEAR Community Team

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements