Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bug report without paid support?

dockterj
Aspirant

Bug report without paid support?

I've finally gotten an ipsec configuration working with a newly updated 4.3.3-6 firewall.  I ran into a couple of bugs with the web configuration interface and would be happy to send a bug report but I don't have a support contract.  What is the best way to submit these?

My configuration is a single ike policy using mode config (so no vpn policies should be needed).  In addition I am using the router wan1 ip address as the local id.

I should be able to configure this by creating a mode config record and then creating an ike policy that uses that mode config.  I was unable to get that to work at all.  I ended deleting everything, creating an ike policy with no mode config, creating a vpn policy tied to that ike policy, creating a mode config, disabling the vpn policy and changing the ike-policy to use mode config.  In addition, to get the local ip address to work I had to change the local identifier to "fqdn" and enter the ip address, save, then edit it and change the local identifier to "ip address".

I would be happy to work through these configuration steps and dump the config to a file to compare what is missing and what is not working if it will do any good.

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Bug report without paid support?

Hello dockterj,

Welcome to the community! 

It is best if you can post on our Idea Exchange Board as it is being monitored by our engineering team. There is also a page called Connect with SMB GM where you can provide feedback on our products as well as issues with support. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Bug report without paid support?

Hi dockterj,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements