Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Business SOHO Router Options

kc6108
Luminary

Business SOHO Router Options

I have five SRX5308 routers that I need to replace and another deployment needing a router. I have a spare SRX5308 that I could use in the meantime, but they have been EOL for so long now.

I had purchased a BR500, and later a BR200, to test in my lab, but they ended out not being sufficient, were unreliable and now too are basically EOL.

What does NETGEAR offer that I can use? I need VLAN and VPN support at a minimum. Can the SXK80B3 work as a firewall, support VLANs, have a VPN solution for multiple users (i.e. users and individual passwords), ACLs, etc.

I don’t want someone to tell me what is listed in a datasheet. I can do that. I want to know what people are using for SOHO routers now that the SRX5308/BR500 are EOL. The SRX5308 was such a robust solution.

If I deploy an SXK80B3, what can I expect and what hurdles am I going to face?

What is on the roadmap for the SXK80B3?

Are there other business routers on the way?

I’m willing to beta test, because I need to replace five SRX5308 right now. I use all NETGEAR products. I prefer NETGEAR solutions cause it’s what I know, is the most cost efficient, etc.
Model: BR500|Insight Instant VPN Router, SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
kc6108
Luminary

Re: Business SOHO Router Options

Deploying Cisco Small Business RV routers alongside Netgear switches, WAPs, etc are no longer an option. The entire line of RV routers are now EOL.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/small-business-rv-series-routers/small-bus...

I have deployed a lot of those routers/vpn firewalls in my day.

Now would be a good time for Netgear to work on a robust vpn firewall solution like the SRX5308 was just a few years ago.
Message 2 of 3
schumaku
Guru

Re: Business SOHO Router Options

@kc6108 wrote:
Now would be a good time for Netgear to work on a robust vpn firewall solution like the SRX5308 was just a few years ago.

Indeed. In absence of anything reasonable, you might have an eye over there for example. 

Orbi Pro 6 are nice for simple throw-in solutions - with growing complexity I have my concerns, and stick with typically wired WAC5xx and WAX6xx, all Insight managed, simple and robust.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements