Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configure FVS366G for an internal Mail Server

lonewolf74
Aspirant

Configure FVS366G for an internal Mail Server

hello, 

i have a firewall FVS366G in a LAN and i want to configure it for an internal mail server (Mdaemon Software).

I configure MX record for server and can ping it but i cannot receive mail end if i test the server from web mxtoolbox response that cannot comunitcate .

I try different setting but non know this type of firewall and not resolve the problem.

Can you help me please?

Model: FVS336Gv2|PROSAFE DUAL WAN GIGABIT FIREWALL WITH SSL & IPSEC VPN
Message 1 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Configure FVS366G for an internal Mail Server

Hi lonewolf74,

It seems that your mail server is working locally but not on the public network. Your mail server requires a port forwarding for it to send/receive. You may try opening a port for your SMTP server or depending on the port that needs to be opened so that it will passthrough from the firewall.

You may check this link for reference. Welcome to the community!

Regards,

Message 2 of 4
lonewolf74
Aspirant

Thank you for you assistance,

I create SMTP rules in Inbound with AllowAlways, the Internal IP of my server and Wan destyantion with All User indicate but test with MXToolbox find IP but failed to connet SMTP.

What i can try or what i mistake?

Message 3 of 4
JohnC_V
NETGEAR Moderator

@lonewolf74,

Does your server requires SMTP? Some mail servers are using IMAP or POP3. It will still be depending on your mail server.

Have you tried doing a port scan just to check if the port is open?

Do you have a static ip on WAN? If yes, please make sure that the firewall is connected to a full bridge modem.

Regards,

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements