Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Configuring VPN between 2 SRX5308 - need additional configuration

xkfranco
Follower

Configuring VPN between 2 SRX5308 - need additional configuration

I just configured my first VPN between 2 offices, each one having a SRX5308.

For office 1 LAN  is configured with addresses 192.168.1.xxx

and for office 2 LAN uses addresses 192.168.2.xxx

VPN connection status shows that IKE and VPN policies are ok and connection is made.

However I couldn't access computers on the other side of the VPN, and ping for a computer in office 1 to another computer on office 2 didn't wok, nor from office 2 to office 1.

I found that if I disable firewall on computers, then ping works and I can access shared folders between computers in both sides of the VPN.

Windows computers don't allow to be accessed from 192.168.2.xxx if the are in 192.168.1.xxx and viceversa.

I think there should be an option in Router configuration to solve this problem, without having to disable firewalls or creating rules on each computer I want to share.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Juan Franco

Model: SRX5308|PROSAFE Gigabit Quad WAN SSL & IPSEC VPN Firewall
Message 1 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configuring VPN between 2 SRX5308 - need additional configuration

Hello xkfranco, 

Welcome to the community! 

It is a good suggestion and you can post it on the Idea Exchange Board, however, I find it a little hard to do. For the VPN to work you must have the firewalls/anti-virus programs allow IPSec traffic to pass. VPN uses port number, as long as these ports are not blocked by the anti-virus/firewalls on your computers there should be no issues in accessing the PCs remotely and the anti-virus/firewalls does not need to be disabled.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Configuring VPN between 2 SRX5308 - need additional configuration

Hi xkfranco, 

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks, 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements