Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Does the firewall/VPN series support higher signature algorithm (sha-256) than sha1?

zerealfox
Follower

Does the firewall/VPN series support higher signature algorithm (sha-256) than sha1?

Hello,

As SHA1 is marked insecure by our security team, I'd like to know if the latest firmwares for IPSEC and SSL VPN support higher signature algorithm (ie: sha-256, sha-384, sha-512)?

Regards,

Pascal

Message 1 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Does the firewall/VPN series support higher signature algorithm (sha-256) than sha1?

Hello zerealfox, 

Welcome to the community! 

I have checked our datasheets and firmwares and it appears that sha-256 is currently not supported yet on our units. You can post a request on our Idea Exchange Board and give the post a kudos(like), the more kudos the request gets the more it is likely to be implemented. 

Thanks, 

Message 2 of 3
adit
Mentor

Which router and firmware?

Most current ProSafe routers support IPSec SHA2-256 and SHA2-512, as well as SHA-1 and MD5, neither of which I recommend using.

SSL is certificate based so there are no settings for the Authentication algorithm.

Encryption alogritms supported are DES/3DES/AES-128(not recommended) and AES-256.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements