Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Double NAT, set to bridge mode on Netgear switch

Rapsys13
Follower

Double NAT, set to bridge mode on Netgear switch

I have a setup at my business where there are numerous switches connected to my router to give internet to all the offices there. One of the switches is the NETGEAR ProSafe™ Gigabit Dual WAN SSL VPN Firewall FVS336Gv3. This is causing double NATing which in turn is causing phone call delays and disconnects for my Nextiva phone system. I was asked by Nextiva to put the switch into bridge mode. How can this be accomplished or remedied?

Robin
Model: FVS336Gv3|ProSafe dual WAN gigabit firewall with SSL and IPSec VPN
Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Double NAT, set to bridge mode on Netgear switch

Interesting question. First, you need to figure out what purpose this Dual WAN SSL VPN Firewall FVS336Gv3 device does serve for on your network - technically it's a NAT router (not just yet another switch), two WAN port, able to handle SSL VPNs for "dial-up" clients. Well possible it does also server as a DHCP server for your LAN, or a part of your LANs.

Last but not least, these ProSAFE VPN Firewall are EoL for years - more reason to investigate what for this device is hanging around. Needless to say, disabling NAT (feasible or not is out of scope here) would kill most of the functionality.

Regards,

-Kurt

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements