Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Every morning my FVS318Gv2 disconnects from my modem

tdehan
Aspirant

Every morning my FVS318Gv2 disconnects from my modem

Every morning my FVS318Gv2 disconnects from my modem.  In order to fix the issue I have to login into the switch (http://192.168.1.1).  Within a few seconds of logging into the switch my internet connection is restored.

My internet connection is from my personally owned Comcast Xfinity compatible modem to the FVS318Gv2 switch.

I'm thinking that perhaps a factory reset my help.  However, I've tried sticking a paper clip into the Factory Reset button in the back of the unit but nothing happens.  The manual says that a factory reset can also be performed by accessing the switch website ((http://192.168.1.1) going to Maintenance and click Factory Reset.  However, there is no Maintenance option or any option I can find to perform a factory reset.

Help!

Model: FVS318Gv2|ProSafe gigabit 8 port VPN firewall
Message 1 of 10
additude
Virtuoso

So,

Are you saying that the output of the Modem goes to the managed switch and that the device that you are using to "Log Into" the switch with is connected to the switch and that you have other devices attached to the switch as well?

Is the "Modem" also acting as a router? or is it acting as a bridge?

More precise information please.

Message 2 of 10
tdehan
Aspirant

The cable is connected to the Motorola Cable Modem (MG7540).  The MG7540 has 4 network port.  I am connecting from one of the network port to the FVS318Gv2.  All other computers and one Xbox in the house are wired connected to the FVS318Gv2.

Message 3 of 10
additude
Virtuoso

OK,

The Networtk needs to be setup so that the modem is also your router and the modem/router output needs to feed the FVS318Gv2 that feeds all of your other cabled equipment, which is what it wounds like you have.

The FVS318Gv2 is also in itself a Firewall capable of NAT. So diable the NAT in the FVS318Gv2 and use "Classical Routing Mode" because you may have what is called "Double NAT" going on here... 

To reset the FVS318Gv2 you will need to push the reset button in and hold it for a slow count to 10... like 20 seconds....

Try those things.

Message 4 of 10
tdehan
Aspirant

The issue has been fixed.  It merely needed to have the FVS318Gv2 reset to Factory Settings.  That alone solved the issue.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Besure to visit the Firewall forum next time. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Hardware-VPN-Firewalls-and/bd-p/business-vpn-firewalls

Glad you got it fixed. 

Message 6 of 10
additude
Virtuoso

Awesome.

Please mark your question as answered so everyone knows it's resolved.

Thanks.

Message 7 of 10
tdehan
Aspirant

Other than how to do a factory reset my question wasn't answered.  The fix was simply performing a factory reset.

Message 8 of 10
additude
Virtuoso

With the exception of a few "Netgear Associates" that moderate and monitor this forum community, this community is pretty much all volunteer.....

It's mostly comprised of experienced folks that want to volunteer their "time and resources" for the sake of helping others and they come here to lend a helping hand to other people that need help....

....and if it wasn't for the acts of those fine volunteers that come here, there wouldn't be any forum community here and there are some people who might still be trying to figure out how to push and hold a reset button on their equipment.....

c'est la vie .......

Message 9 of 10
tdehan
Aspirant

huh?

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements