Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: FVS318 to FVS318N Gateway Problem

cdhiodgdon
Follower

FVS318 to FVS318N Gateway Problem

I am working on setting up a customer with a VPN connection between two offices.  I am currently setting up the FVS318 router and will soon be setting up the FVS318n Wireless router.  Maybe I need to have both of them online to do this, but I would not think it should matter.

When I go in and setup a VPN connection in the FVS318 using the VPN wizard, I do everything it ask, expect adding the remote sites internal IP's but I did give it the url to find the other gateway.  I know that the VPN right now, since the other gateway is not online, should give an error.

My problem is, when the gateway I am working on right now has the VPN setting turned on, all the computers in the office lose their internet connection.  I need to find out how to insure that even with the VPN on, all normal traffic is handled through the location ISP.  The main purpose for this VPN connection is to share printers in both offices and some files a certian computers, instead of keeping more than one copy of them.  The printers are used to issue checks and they would like to be able to send the print job over from one office to the other.

Model: FVS318N|ProSafe Wireless N 8 port gigabit VPN firewall,FVS318v2|Cable/DSL ProSafe VPN Firewall with 8-port switch|EOL
Message 1 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cdhiodgdon, 

Welcome to the community! 

If you have followed the steps on our KB Article upon configuring your box-to-box VPN all should work out fine. Losing your internet when VPN is enabled is not normal though. What is the firmware version installed on your unit? I may have seen this kind of issue on older firmware versions. 

Thanks,

Message 2 of 3
JohnRo
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello cdhiodgdon,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.
If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements